Andean ultras ranked by difficulty

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2014
      Hello Rob W. and others,

         I've worked with the original file's underlying XML code to discover a whole bunch
      of redundant constructs specifying pushpin colors and sizes.
         For instance, the concept of "large red pushpin" was defined twice under different names;
      and similarly for many others.

         After eliminating that redundancy (which is ugly to a programmer or anybody with an aesthetic sense)
      I then

      *  Added a new pushpin color - green  (of course!) to represent F (facile, "easy")
         and thereby distinguish it from blue (which now only represents PD (peu difficile, "a bit difficult").

                      (If Rob hates this idea I've retained a copy prior to adding green.)

      *  Added a few ultras that are NOT in Biggar's book yet are nonetheless of potential
         future interest -  Cerro Photula Punto  (F, 2 day) and Cerro Tunupa (PD, 2 days) - both Bolivia.
         Also, Volcan Osorno in Chile (PD, 1 day).

      * Added all of Rob's climbed ultras to make the file of general use to everyone.

         The KMZ file is linked-into cohp.org, available from the table of links at the bottom of this web page -

                       http://www.cohp.org/images/Google/google_earth_main.html

              - and with a description of the pushpin color code as it's not immediately obvious
                upon starting a Google Earth session.

           An analogous KMZ file lacking in Rob's climbed ultras will now be privately mailed to him -
      identical in all respects to the above posted file (including Photula Punto and Tunupa etc...).
           There's a chance it will function on your laptop, Rob, seeing as that code redundancy might
      be responsible for your problems in that matter.

                       Adam Helman