Andean ultras

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2014
        Hello Rob,

              I  **love** the kmz - which PROPERLY DISPLAYS these ultras on my home computer.
      The waypoints are displayed as "pushpins", blue for easier and red for harder peaks.
             These are wishlist peaks for future trips!!

             HOWEVER the names of peaks have been mangled -
      please see this screen capture I've posted:

                                 http://www.cohp.org/temp/bizarre_characters.jpg             [1]

              There is a consistency of how this mangling occurs, allowing one to ascertain the correct
      peak names anyway:

        *  "Volcan" becomes "FCDcA(upside down "!")n"

        *  "Cerro" becomes "F3Dro"

        *  "Nevado" becomes "PD3Ddo"

           The underlying document is posted here as a text file -

                                  http://www.cohp.org/temp/Andean_ultras.txt                   [2]

           It is human-readable and thus can be edited as desired.

           I invite you to do such for each of the peak names. Take [2] above, edit it, and return the resulting
      document to me as a text file.  I will convert it back to a Google Earth kmz file for my testing and your reposting.

           TRY IT. If you run into trouble I will do the name conversions in a few days ... ought to work.

                  Adam H.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2014
          You will have to copy-and-paste the indicated addresses [1] and [2] into your web browser:
        for some reason my email application mangled the true addresses one gets upon trying to mouse-click them.

           The files are THERE.

                                   Adam