Antenna booster

  • drdlm
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013
      I spend a lot of time in places where I just can't  get a cell signal. My son gifted me a product called a Wilson Sleek 4G-V which surprised me by working in some places in Nevada where I couldn't get cell reception before.  Check it out on Amazon if you could use something that would help.   I was able to make a cell call to my wife when I was in the middle of Monitor Valley,  1/2 way between Tonopah and Austin.  I was impressed.
      I went from zero to three bars.  Often it boosts the signal enough to where I can at least text.  Read the reviews posted at Amazon to get more of a feel for this product.
      Dean Molen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013

           Hello Dean,

               I am eager to secure such a product. However I have AT&T as my carrier,
         An initial search at amazon.com for your signal booster displays only units compatible with the Verizon network.

               A search using the keywords "att signal booster" gives the desired result, displaying

          Wilson Electronics - Sleek 4G-A - AT&T 4G Cell Phone Signal Booster for Single User

               These units sell for $100 to $150 at amazon.com -  a price point you never had to deal with.

                The AT&T - compatible unit is described here -

                 As seen, it is designed for vehicle use only, with a roof-mounted antenna.

              From this diagram,

               does not a hole have to be drilled into your vehicle's roof?  That's a showstopper if true, destroying its resale value.

                     Sincerely,
                                      Adam Helman