Re: [prominence] A handful of Munros, and a question

  • Richard Webb
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
      At 17:41 16/08/02 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hi, especially to the UK contingent.
      >
      >On our trip to Scotland my wife and I, with one or both sons each day,
      >visited four Munros. These included two 2000' prominence peaks - Ben
      >Nevis (naturally), and Fionn Bheinn.
      >
      >A question to the experienced Scottish hikers - is the ground always that
      >wet in August?

      Its usually pretty wet, but this is a very wet year, so its probably worse
      than usual.

      We had a long run of dry years in the early 1990s and the peat dried out.
      Its well and truly saturated now.
      Fionn Bheinn is a very wet hill as well.

      Best to come in winter.. It has been known to freeze.
      The Eastern Hills are generally drier.

      Richard...

      Richard Webb
      Bags of wee hills.