Re: [prominence] Big Pryor Mountain MT contending area

  • Roy Schweiker
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      > East Pryor Mountain, with a whopping 1676 feet prominence,
      > looks like an easy drive up, perhaps 10 miles past the
      > trailhead.

      Drove this in 2007 in Xterra, road is good to Big Ice Cave (impressive
      ice on Labor Day) , less good to viewpoint, and rougher but not as steep
      beyond. Several small horse herds, couldn't see if domestic or feral.
      Short walk in open and small trees to summit area.

      >http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/QMap.php?lat=45.1683&lon=-108.3354&z=15
      > The top looks pretty flat, and 8776' BM Ice looks nicely
      > centered in its area, so we fervently hope this peak really
      > is ten feet lower than Big Pryor (fingers crossed).

      The marker was surprisingly hard to find as the area was so flat, there
      are no surprise pinnacles, so I think the BM elevation is a fair
      representation of the summit.

      Of course I'm hoping that when the USGS reviews their calculations they
      find it higher :-)

      Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c7e8bd6273d51a3680m01vuc