two trip reports - Arizona and Baja

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009
      In February I climbed 3 peaks on the Arizona
      2,000+ foot prominence list with Rick Hartman
      of Prescott, Arizona.

      {Newman Peak, White Tanks Range highpoint;
      and Woolsey Peak}

      Now that photographs have been developed
      I can (finally) share the corresponding story -

      http://www.cohp.org/personal/Arizona_February_2009.html

      Rick and I constructed a cairned route for
      Woolsey Peak seeing as the navigation up
      its steep northern side is not completely obvious.
      In the report I provide GPS-derived coordinates
      for the bottom-most cairn.

      Sierra Estrella, our 4th goal, was not attempted
      owing to problems on the driving approach.

      Two weeks ago I climbed 3 peaks on the Baja California
      2,000+ foot prominence list with Bob Packard
      of Flagstaff, Arizona.

      {Cerro Bola, Cerro Pescadores (the Cucapa
      Range highpoint); and Centinela}

      This was part of a larger trip wherein Bob climbed
      7 peaks - the balance of 4 summits being the P2000
      mountains of San Diego County. I joined Bob for
      Otay Mountain - my third time on that summit
      (the second time was just last October with Scott Surgent).

      Again, it is with the availability of pictures that
      I share the corresponding story -

      http://www.cohp.org/personal/Baja_March_2009.html

      Richard Carey, and perhaps others, will find the
      summit coordinates useful for his records.

      Adam Helman