Re: [prominence] Seven Summits essay

    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 8, 2008
      I understand THAT, Mouser. I have now given up on Wikipedia,
      and will remove all links leading to it from cohp.org.

      Their policies are completely at-odds with democracy, progress,
      and free thinking.

      Adam

      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 8, 2008
        Hello Roy,

        You mentioned that a person who has actually completed a version of the
        Seven Summits should be accorded a higher weight for their opinions.

        I agree.

        Perhaps then I should re-instate John Christiana as co-author of the essay?
        After all, he DID promote the concept of climbing Mount Wilhelm in Papua New Guinea,
        and, as far as I know, is the ONLY Seven Summit completer to have exercised
        that option instead of either Cartstensz OR Kosciuszko.

        I am, understandably reluctant to place John's name next to mine for the
        duration because of his current trouble with the law. Maybe after I am certain
        that no investigators are looking for cohorts to his criminal actions will I be comfortable
        with that concept.

        Even though John did not provide a word to the essay, his thesis of
        climbing Mount Wilhelm provided the impetus for its composition.
        Hence it is "not inappropriate" to designate him as a co-author.

        John remains a Seven Summits completer regardless of his recent actions.
        His name on the essay might lend it more credibility.

        Sincerely,
        Adam