New Prominence Site

  • Mills, Carl
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      Edward,

      Thanks for adding me to your prominence address group. It is a bit more
      focused than the co.hp. group, since it excludes a lot of trivial, flat
      spots, which are of interest only because of an intersection of boundaries
      and terrain. This weekend, I plan to hike around some of the top prominence
      peaks of VA and KY (Apple Orchard Mountain and the Cumberland Gap wilderness
      area).

      I would like to see some parallel development to the recent co.hp. postings,
      including accessibility notes for prominent eastern peaks. I would like to
      see some statewide lists for some of the southern Appalachian states. It
      might also be interesting to list the prominences of 500+' prominence peaks
      directly along the Appalachian Trail and a few of the main feeder trails.

      Carl Mills