today's date

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
      4-4-4 is not going to last forever.

      Enjoy while it lasts -
      May 5, 2005 is 396 days away.

      Adam Helman

    • Mike Cleven
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
        Adam Helman <helman@...> wrote:
        4-4-4 is not going to last forever.

        VERY bad feng shui..... 4-4-4-4 would be worse, but there's no fourth number to be had; unless we counted ages of the world, like in Tolkien...

        (the word for "four" in Chinese is a homonym for "death". You won't find a Chinese investor, for example, buying a house whose address is 4444 4th Avenue...

        MC

        Enjoy while it lasts -
        May 5, 2005 is 396 days away.

        Adam Helman

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2004
          Hello Mike - In the area of Feng Shui, is there a triple of identical
          digits,
          i.e. "8-8-8", that DOES imply good fortune?

          - Adam Helman

          Mike Cleven wrote:

          >Adam Helman <helman@...> wrote:
          >4-4-4 is not going to last forever.
          >

          >VERY bad feng shui..... 4-4-4-4 would be worse, but there's no fourth number to be had; unless we counted ages of the world, like in Tolkien...
          >
          >(the word for "four" in Chinese is a homonym for "death". You won't find a Chinese investor, for example, buying a house whose address is 4444 4th Avenue...
          >

          >MC
          >

          >Enjoy while it lasts -
          >May 5, 2005 is 396 days away.
          >
          >Adam Helman

        • peter Ridges
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
            >You won't find a Chinese investor, for example, buying a house whose address is 4444 4th Avenue...

            When I visited the Munro, A'Mhaighdean (prominence 444m), I didn't see any Chinese people all day. Nor anyone else, but then it is 8 miles walk from the nearest road. There's also a Scottish island, Raasay, whose high point is 444m.

            Pete Ridges

            This message or its attachments may be privileged and confidential, and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official Hazell Carr policy. No disclosure, reproduction, distribution, dissemination or use of this communication is authorised unless you are the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender only by email. Neither this message nor its attachments will create any new contractual obligations upon Hazell Carr unless this intention is expressly stated by the sender. Thank you.