Re: [prominence] Re: Slovenian prominence list by Vasja Kavcic

  • Vasja Kavcic
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      I'm extending the list to the top 50 and I'll post it in a few days. I also try to identify 2000+ prominence peaks for Croatia. I found 17 such peaks there, but I'll have to check again. I'would do it also for other countries, but lack of good sources is a huge problem. Something like Topozone for Europe would be very useful. I found recently a java applet covering whole Slovenia with all kind of topographic maps and digital ortho-photos at the: http://kremen.arso.gov.si/NVatlas/users/login.asp. Free registration is required. It is only in slovenian language and not much user-friendly, but still quite a good tool, with maps down to the 1:5k scale and 2,5 m contour interval.

      Vasja (or anyone else) if you can help me find a free DEM (or other suitable image) for Slovenia (GTOPO30 will not do) I will volunteer a prominence map of same.

      Aaron, what kind of DEM would you need? There're three types of it for Slovenia. You can check it out at the Surveying and Mapping Authority page: http://193.2.111.28/gu_eng/data/dmv/dmv.asp.

      Vasja

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT