3625Re: WA CoGPPs Completion on Prominencians Peak, Garfield Co, WA

    Jul 12, 2006
      I indeed saw those tire tracks on June 22, John. I realized that SOMEBODY
      had driven the spur road FR4030 recently, as much deadfall had been
      pushed aside
      JUST WIDE ENOUGH to allow passage of a vehicle of standard width.

      Without your roadside brush clearing
      I would not have been able to drive any significant distance at all that
      day (along FR4030).

      Anyhow, I've always considered having a chainsaw in my truck. However
      that would've
      been quite impossible given that I had rented an SUV - and there is "no
      way" I'm going to
      carry a chainsaw in my luggage!!

      The good compromise is to keep a good handsaw in my own truck -
      purchasing a gasoline
      or electric chainsaw is not worth the money for the (VERY) occassional
      use it would ever get.
      There is an ACE hardware store near home. If it were not that its my
      46-th birthday I'd
      look into the matter today. Instead, I am in the market for a half
      gallon of ice cream. ;-)

      Again, congratulations on completion of the Washington GPP list.

      Adam Helman

      PS You CAN still meet me - just be at the Pamelia Lakes TH for Mount
      Jefferson (Oregon)
      the morning of Saturday, July 29.