list files recursively, ignoring case

  • csroberts
    Message 1 of 976 , Feb 12, 2002
      How do I list the files in a given directory on
      Win 2000 or Win 9x? I want to prefix files in subdirs
      with the subdir name, and list all files sorted
      alphabetically ignoring case. File::Find gets the files but
      'sort' sorts by ascii value (by case). <br><br>Ex:
    • Ubercat
      Message 976 of 976 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi there.<br><br>I'm trying to make a global hash
        in a use strict Perl program for a school
        assignment, and I declared a hash outside of any
        arrays, but the global hash isn't working out as well. I
        keep getting "requires explicit package" errors when
        the program has to use the $names{key} form. How dfo
        I get around this so that the hash reference is
        also recognized by the program?