PerlScript

  • alex773
    Message 1 of 976 , Jan 2, 2002
      I have activeState perl 613 on my PC but it would
      not run any sample PerlScripts. I also have windows
      scripting host installed and scripts written in vb and
      jscript run ok. can any one help me to fugure out why
      PerlScript engine does not work. thank you.
    • Ubercat
      Message 976 of 976 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi there.<br><br>I'm trying to make a global hash
        in a use strict Perl program for a school
        assignment, and I declared a hash outside of any
        arrays, but the global hash isn't working out as well. I
        keep getting "requires explicit package" errors when
        the program has to use the $names{key} form. How dfo
        I get around this so that the hash reference is
        also recognized by the program?