getservbyname()

  • riosvm
    Message 1 of 976 , Nov 3, 2000
      How can I use the Perl getservbyname() function to convert from a service to its number?<br>For example, http to 80, ftp to 21, telnet to 23, etc.<br>Thanks beforehand.
    • Ubercat
      Message 976 of 976 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi there.<br><br>I'm trying to make a global hash
        in a use strict Perl program for a school
        assignment, and I declared a hash outside of any
        arrays, but the global hash isn't working out as well. I
        keep getting "requires explicit package" errors when
        the program has to use the $names{key} form. How dfo
        I get around this so that the hash reference is
        also recognized by the program?