help with regular expressions

  • apwalton
    Message 1 of 976 , Mar 3, 2000
      Hey!<br><br>I'm pretty new to this PERL stuff and
      I am trying to figure out some regular
      is in this
      under a given section. There will be many parameters
      under a section so the expression needs to find the
      section, and then match the given parameter under that
      section.<br><br>Any suggestions would be very
      helpful!<br>Thanks,<br>Aaron
    • Ubercat
      Message 976 of 976 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi there.<br><br>I'm trying to make a global hash
        in a use strict Perl program for a school
        assignment, and I declared a hash outside of any
        arrays, but the global hash isn't working out as well. I
        keep getting "requires explicit package" errors when
        the program has to use the $names{key} form. How dfo
        I get around this so that the hash reference is
        also recognized by the program?