Re: ActivePerl

  • ebandmac
    Message 1 of 976 , Oct 1, 1999
      I have used ActivePerl for about 1.5 years on
      Win95 and recently on NT. The installation is
      bulletproof and as the previous poster says, the installation
      of modules via PPM is brain dead simple. <br><br>Not
      all the modules you might want are on the ActiveState
      site. If you want to load modules from CPAN that are
      not on the ActiveState module list, then you need a
      c/c++ compiler and development installed on your
      system: the normal module install method requires some
      flavor of make. I used Microsoft Visual C/C++ and the
      nmake utility did the install s just
      fine.<br><br>Cheers, David.
    • Ubercat
      Message 976 of 976 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi there.<br><br>I'm trying to make a global hash
        in a use strict Perl program for a school
        assignment, and I declared a hash outside of any
        arrays, but the global hash isn't working out as well. I
        keep getting "requires explicit package" errors when
        the program has to use the $names{key} form. How dfo
        I get around this so that the hash reference is
        also recognized by the program?