Hi I Need Advice for serving a Nevada Family Law Summons & Complaint..in CA

  • mike8208
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2011
      Hi everyone.

      I'm in California,and I have a Nevada civil Summon (Annulment of Marriage, Minor Child) and Complaint (with exhibits.) I have a lot of questions that my client couldn't answer!

      I was informed by the client that I could also serve the Defendants mother at their home as "Responsible Adult"??? Is this allowed? Is it considered Sub-Service? Do I mail sub copies?

      Documents that need to be served:

      1.Two identical Annulment of Marriage Summons--with attached Proofs of Service(one Summons is marked "Original", and the other is a copy.)

      2.Complaint for Annulment of Marriage, Minor Child, with the following exhibits:

      A. Birth Certificate Copy

      B. Notice and Findings of Financial Responsibility,with blank response forms. These are issued by NV Child Enforcement Program.

      C. No Contact order copy(Already served by NV Sheriff)

      How do I serve these papers?

      Do I need to add any information to the Summons...such as the date served? Do I fill both proofs of service or just one?

      Do I need to list the exhibits that are with the complaint as additional documents?

      Thank you in advance for your input. I rarely serve out of state papers and I want to do it right the first time!

      Michael Cooper
      Tri-Valley Process Service
      51 Wright Brothers Ave, Suite F
      Livermore, CA 94551