1107Re: [411Serve.com] Attorneys Who Refuse to Pay

  • Gladys Brierley
    Mar 4, 2014

      I don't bill so I don't have these issues but let me just make a couple of suggestions.  Here is another way you may have worded your email since he was only 30 or so days late.

      Dear Mr.  XYZ,

      I found that the address for the following service was not up to date.  I would be happy to get an updated address for you at the additional fee of $....  Also I noted a typo on the first name, do you think that will be ok or do you want me to edit it or do you want to edit it and send me a revised copy?  Also I have made additional delivery attempts on xyz vs abc.  Do you want me to go ahead with checking those addresses too, or would you like to continue under my surveillance mode at the rate of $... per hour, with a minimum of ....

      I am looking forward to a long term relationship with you.  Also did you get my invoice dated GHF?  Would you like me to stop by and pick up payment on Monday [or what day is best for you?]?

      Thanks again for your business.

      Then after you get your money, put him on advance payment stating you have changed your company policy to the economic times and that you understand he receives payment in advance so he will understand.

      I hope this helps.  I know how frustrating it can be not to get paid.  I had a few times like that and refuse to accept any project PI or process on invoicing now.  To be honest though it did sound like you had an attitude and I would have too.  I had to change my policy because I cannot stand playing games with people it gets up my blood pressure and brings out the worse in me, so I know I have to not INVOICE.  Smile

      Gladys Brierley
      ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS, LLC
      PO Box 872
      Newton, MS 39345
      601-683-2094 bus
      601-480-3181 cell
      www.accurateinvestigation.com
      Founder of Association of Mississippi Professional Private Investigators, AMPPI