Attention!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2013
      Hello
      Steve Russell

      Did the �It Takes A Thief� episode also
      include the display speech screen from Colossus??

    • British 2010 Promo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 14, 2013
        No, the smaller TV consoles around the voice base unit, NOT the huge screens.

        include the display speech screen from Colossus??

        Geoff

        ***************  Geoff Willmetts    editor, SFCrowsnest.org.uk  and other suffixes ****************

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
          Hello
          Steve R

          Were there big screens in �The Forbin
          Project�?? The significant other was the long narrow speech screen. That�s why
          it was so easy to pick out in �Knight Rider�. The smaller computer consoles and
          keyboards until then were probably considered generic.

          To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
          From: stephenrusell@...
          Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:23:00 -0700
          Subject: Re: [probe_control] Attention!

          From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>

          To: "Search Chat" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
            Forbin project did have HD TV style displays aside voice display screen
            In It Takes a Thief All I saw was those 2 TV boxes under the voice mic unit, that's all & no big screens in the hidden SAC bunker set for episode.
            It Takes a Thief is on DVD in the US box set.

            From: stephenrusell@...
            Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:23:00 -0700

            From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>

            To: "Search Chat" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
              Hello
              Steve

              If you mean the world map, then I would
              hardly call it a connected screen to the computer because it has more to do
              with strategic planning and showing the results of Colossus� actions.

              Considering �It Takes A Thief� was out
              before �The Forbin Project�, who borrowed from who and how much else was added.

              I read that boxset wasn�t up to stuff.

              To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

              From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>

              To: "Search Chat" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

              From: stephenrusell@...

              Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:23:00 -0700

              From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>

              To: "Search Chat" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
                Episode only showed the 2 box set TVs inside the President bunker, No small or big screens save those showing our bombers to No Go/Go line,
                Boxes were against wall facing desk set

                From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>

                To: "Search Chat" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

                From: stephenrusell@...

                Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:23:00 -0700

                From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>

                To: "Search Chat" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
                  Hello Steve

                  In that case
                  they were probably just seen as computer equipment than iconic, that is being
                  firmly established in the fan viewer�s eye. This is very much a quasi area. I
                  mean, the interior of Colossus Mountain was used as the computers to check over
                  Steve Austin�s bionics in �The Six Million Dollar Man� once. They needed a
                  couple seconds of footage and probably didn�t recognise we would spot it, even
                  back in the 70s.

                  To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
                  From: stephenrusell@...
                  Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:28:55 -0700