RE: [probe_control] Re: Mrs. Pollifax-Spy (1971)

  • Robert McNay
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2013
      I read all the Mrs Pollifax books. They were a lot of fun. The first I saw
      was in a Reader's Digest Condensed Books volume (my Mom got them). Then I
      went looking for the full books :)

      Rob McNay
      Chicago IL

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
        Hello John I have a feeling that the Lansbury version was a TV movie.Just checked IMDB:-http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202045/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1confiriming it.I made a copy of the orginal film off the box a couple years ago but haven't see this one yet. I'll bear you in mind if it comes on. Geoff

        Please note NEW email address while OLD one is being sorted out.

        Biggest SF website in Europe and second biggest, and that's only because the first is a commerical site, in the world
        and they look to what we do!

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: probecontrol@...
        Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:36:56 -0400
        Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Mrs. Pollifax-Spy (1971)

        Not I, I'm afraid, John. Sorry I couldn't help.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
          --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "John" <videoking@...> wrote:

          > There was also a version made in the 90s entitled "The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax" starring Angela Lansbury.
          > Ed Bishop from UFO was one of the supporting cast. Anyone see this version? I've been on the hunt everywhere.
          >
          > John

          Love Ed Bishop! He specialized in playing Americans in England, so
          it must have almost certainly been filmed in the UK.

          This has shown up for sale in bootleg form before but I don't see
          it right now. I don't have to tell you I'm sure, it will almost certainly turn up.

          http://www.ioffer.com/buy/the-unexpected-mrs-pollifax-1999-tv-movie-lansbury-474844580-tbonita-cf3w1ghs

          http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/474/844/580/the-unexpected-mrs-pollifax-1999-tv-movie-lansbury-62d9.jpg