Re: [probe_control] Comedy and bellybuttons

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2013
      Some of us do! :D

      From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>
      To: Search Chat <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Mar 30, 2013 4:50 pm
      Subject: [probe_control] Comedy and bellybuttons

      We are aware
      you Americans don�t really get irony or satire...
      Geoff

      *************** Geoff Willmetts editor, SFCrowsnest.org.uk and other
      suffixes ****************

      Please note NEW email address while OLD one is
      being sorted out.

      Biggest SF website in Europe and second biggest, and that's only because the
      first is a commerical site, in the world
      and they look to what we do!

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
        Hello Dino You're vastly out-numbered over there. Geoff

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: LambuLambu@...
        Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:59:46 -0400
        Subject: Re: [probe_control] Comedy and bellybuttons

        Some of us do! :D

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
          And don't I know it, too! (I think it's what used to drive the people I worked with insane. They couldn't handle what would come out of my mouth at times. I guess that's what happens when you watch more British programming than you do US!)

          To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
          From: LambuLambu@...
          Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:59:46 -0400

          Some of us do! :D

          We are awareyou Americans don�t really get irony or satire...

          Please note NEW email address while OLD one is being sorted out.

          Biggest SF website in Europe and second biggest, and that's only because the first is a commerical site, in the worldand they look to what we do!

        • martin allen
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
            Dino--
               Tried writing you direct-no luck. I'm having yet more fun with the hillbillies who run rest homes around here. You want some details, write me back direct. I'll give you my regular e-mail address. The One Thing I know for sure, Tri-Care was Not at fault last time. I think they got snowed, too.

            Geoff--
               You are a blasted mind-reader. I had to give up any regular attempts at subtle humor years ago--see entry above. I still do it, but for the express purpose now, of annoying the locals. But I do stay out of arm's reach, and I seldom yell at people on the road. That's really when the guns come out in some areas.

                I can only guess as to the ultimate cause of the 'Great Divide' between us, but I think, on one hand, things would have gotten better a lot sooner if you guys had quit press-ganging us after the Revolutionary War. We, in turn, went a little too far in ostensibly purging ourselves of our cultural origins. James Fenimore Cooper was no substitute for Jonathan Swift.

            martin

            To: mailto:probe_control%40yahoogroups.com
            From: mailto:LambuLambu%40aol.com
            Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:59:46 -0400

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
              Martin,

              I just replied to you directly. Check to see if you get it. If not, let me know through here. If you do, but still can't reply to me, again through here let me know what error you're getting and I'll look into it. (AOL has been doing strange things to my e-mails at random intervals.)

              To: mailto:probe_control%40yahoogroups.com
              From: mailto:LambuLambu%40aol.com
              Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:59:46 -0400