[probe_control] Batman Connections to SEARCH, etc.

  • Dghprobe3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
      Jim: To answer your question on SEARCH director William Wiard, he had no
      connection to the "Batman" series. He did however, direct a number of
      episodes of "The Rockford Files," another of my favorites. He also directed
      episodes of "MASH" and "Cannon." Wiard appeared as an actor in the 1970
      "Love American Style" episode, "Love and the Detective." Sad to say, Wiard
      died 2 July 1987.

      I did some checking on "Batman" (the mid-60's ABC-TV version) and found that
      there are a number of interesting SEARCH connections. So here goes:

      Burgess Meredith (Cameron) appeared in many episodes as the Penguin.

      Deanna Lund (Harte of "Adonis File") appeared in "Batman's Anniversary."

      Paul Mantee (Sam Field in "Suffer My Child") appeared in "Catwoman Goes to
      College." Mantee is perhaps better known for his appearance in the movie
      "Robinson Crusoe On Mars" with none other than Adam West.

      Malachi Throne (Col. Nobokov in "The Bullet") appeared as False Face.

      Howard Duff (Dr. Jamison in "Countdown to Panic") appeared in "The Entrancing
      Dr. Cassandra" with his wife, Ida Lupino.

      William Smith (Roman in "24 Carat Hit") was in the last "Batman" episode
      produced, "Minerva, Mayhem & Millionaires."

      To answer your other question on Leslie Stevens, he did indeed write the
      script for "Return to the Blue Lagoon," which was released during August
      1991. Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times only gave it 1 1/2 stars.

      Don
      dghprobe3@...
    • ProbeControl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
        Once again, Don--

        You've educated the lot of us! Excellent reSEARCHing!!! Thanks!

        Jim
        probecontrol@...