Re: [probe_control] Malachi Throne

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2013
      Funny you should mention this, Geoff. That episode of the 'Mystery Woman' series is the only one we haven't seen yet, but I've got it on my DVR, waiting for us to get to it. (It's the last one in the series.)

      I remember Malachi Throne from all of the series mentioned, and his role as Pardek (sp?) in the two-part ST:TNG episode "Reunification" with Leonard Nimoy reprising his role as Spock. There are some people who aren't aware that he originally voiced the Keeper in Trek's first pilot "The Cage", but that character had to be redubbed fur the two-part "The Menagerie" in which he guest starred as Commodore Mendez; though if you watch the uncut original "Cage" pilot when they put that back together for video release there are spots where the Keeper's voice is still his. (I think he even had a role or two on 'Mission: Impossible' - the original, certainly: not sure about the late '80s sequel series.)

      Mr. Throne was a very versatile actor who could play good, neutral (as in that LIS episode - not really evil, but not quite good either), and evil personas very convincingly. I'm sorry that he's one of the actors I've never gotten to meet. Still, he will be missed in this household.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2013
        Hello
        Dino

        Re: Mystery Woman. Malachi Throne
        technically only has a small role in the episode but it is a crucial one.

        You do realize he wasn’t actually in ‘The Menagerie’
        as he was only an illusion. :-)

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: LambuLambu@...
        Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:02:04 -0400
        Subject: Re: [probe_control] Malachi Throne

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2013
          Malachi played the part of the Centaurii prime minister.  I told him
          how I was happy for him to have had a part in B5. Malachi
          thought it a true privilege to have had a part with Turhan Bey.

               End Run,

               David in MA

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2013
            Geoff,

            Yes; I do realize that. However, the first time I saw those two episodes, they had me (and probably everyone else) fooled until the very end.

            That said, he was very real while on the Starbase. He only became the illusion when Kirk boarded the shuttlecraft. (Clever, those Talosians were - making Kirk think the Commodore had boarded with him. They probably knew the only way to keep Spock from getting the death penalty was to have the real Commodore on the Starbase to override the Article 4 Death Penalty once he'd seen the whole of CAPT Pike's experience, and how the Talosians could let Pike live the rest of his life "normally" through their powers of illusion. And in Pike's case, if I was him, I'd go for it just like he did, especially if I was spending that illusion with Vena - green or otherwise!)