Re: more than one hero

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013
      Back in message 3854, "atlantic92001" said they had a tape of that Cannon episode, "Quasar Kill," which briefly shows a scanner prop. But we never heard from them again about the episode. If they still have a tape of the episode and can send a frame grab to us, that would be great. If they can't make a frame grab, the next best is to make a tape dub and mail it to actingman or someone else on the list. Or use a digital camera and take a couple pics off the screen. That last method is not the best quality, but we should be able to make something of the image(s).

      The Cannon episode, "Quasar Kill," is listed on the 1channel site, which is one I am not familiar with. Maybe someone can get the episode to play and get a frame grab? The scanner, as far as I remember, appears during Act One.
      http://www.1channel.ch/watch-581108-Cannon-The-Quasar-Kill

      --- In probe_control, "LambuLambu@..." wrote:

      > Geoff,
      >

      > Scanner in 'Cannon': That's why I suggested we try to find a screen grab from that episode - so we can tell exactly what they used and what we're looking at. (If anyone has a clear memory of that one or has seen that ep recently, please chime in.)
      >

      > Rods: I'm referring to that thin object that runs on either side of the scanner's lens housing and meets with the main housing at those little holes. In the ebay hero scanner they are clearly thin rods. In this case it may just be semantics: rod vs. bar and one's definition of each... a long, thin, cylindrical, wire-type of object. If you look closely at the extreme close-up from the "PROBE" pilot you can see those "rods" are the same as on the ebay scanner: thin wire-like objects. They don't look like flat plates or the like.
      >

      > Dino.
    • kc8nqa
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
        Hello Dino, All,

        I have to respectfully dis-agree about about the PROBE close-up Scanner. I do agree they are clearly round - through the casing holes in the eBay Scanner.

        What I see is that there are supports that run along side of the flat bars that are on each side of the lens. You can actually see one that appears to be slightly higher than the (Flat) bars.

        Wonderin if anyone has a clear screen grab of the PROBE Scanner?

        Have a good day All,

        Mike S.