Re: [probe_control] Re: Two, Two, Two Scanners In One

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2013
      I enjoyed reading your ruminations on the STAR TREK Phaser props, and SEARCH scanner(s), Mike--and I agree.

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      Hello All,

      Jim, I am also aware of the different Phasers from STTOS and that it did indeed go through a few changes from the beginning. I believe I posted pics of my Phaser builds somewhere, sometime. I also am friends with John Long who was the guy that actually got a chance to look inside one the remaining original Hero Phasers and he also met the creator of the Phaser, Wah Ming Chang. Master Replicas used Long's Phaser to create the Phasers they came out with some years ago, although M.R. did not follow the design exactly, they were pretty nice. Long asked Chang about how many Phasers and he also had a copy of the actual work order to construct it.

      It is clear that looking at the Classic Close-Up Scanner shot that was used in the Pilot and also in a few of the epis, that one is not the one that Strong had up on eBay.

      I would say that there were at least three, two we know of for sure ( the eBay ones - and the one I have made for years from the Pilot close-up.) A possibility is that the Pilot Hero was re-done and became the eBay Hero, if not, then there were indeed at least three different configurations: The pilot Hero, the eBay Hero and Stunt. Possibly yet anther one that was used for the destruction shots ( one got punctured, another one blow-up.) If you go frame by frame, you can see one the side sensor chips fly out of the Scanner. That would make 4 configurations. The next question would be - how many of each were there?

      I sure would like the details from someone that knows for sure - i.e. Mr. Strong.

      Good day All,

      Mike S.

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com , John wrote:

      > Here is an isolated image of the 400 DPI scan of the clip from Operation
      > Iceman: http://probecontrol.artshost.com/Burn-Pel.jpg
      >
      > Pelham's is fuzzy, but I think it is the stunt scanner, and I am not sure
      > which one Burnside has.

    • kc8nqa
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2013
        Hello All,

        I keep getting a error when I click the link.

        I posted a pick in Screen Grabs, pointing out a few differences of the PROBE and eBay Scanners.

        Good Day All,

        Mike S.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2013
          It shouldn't happen anymore, but try it without the "http"

          probecontrol.artshost.com/Burn-Pel.jpg

          It works for me on different machines...so I don't know otherwise.