Jupiter 2 full ship mock-up

  • Lady Talara
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
      Not sure LL. But could that be the same mock=up that was at an airshow last yr? I can post the link from my bookmarks. But if anyone here has seen this vid. Maybe one of you can help. It looked like it could of been that same mock-up used in the series.

      Not saying it is. Just tossing in the suggestion.

      Cat

      << The last I heard of it, which was some years ago (sometime in the 1990s, I think?), someone had discovered it still on the studio lot secluded behind lots of other stuff while they were moving things around. It was in surprisingly good shape and the guy who found it was trying to acquire it to restore it (much like the discovery and restoration of Trek's GALILEO-7 shell mock-up); only the J2 mock-up was in a better state of repair than the GALILEO was.

      But as I say, that was closing in on 20 years ago now, and I never heard (or read) what the outcome of that endeavor was. (My big question is, if the guy was successful in obtaining and restoring this thing, where was he going to keep it? We've most of us seen how big that thing was. It had to be at least 50-60 feet in diameter, and on the landing gear at least 2 stories tall!) >>
    • Robert McNay
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
        If this is the same video I've seen, that's not real, its CGI. There's a website
        called SF Airshow that has been doing some same convincing CGI pictures and
        videos of a fictional science fiction airshow that blends the real with the
        imagination. My favorite is of a NASA Shuttle being towed into a hanger while a
        SPACE:1999 Eagle Transporter sits parked on the tarmac facing it.

        Their products are very, VERY realistic.

        Rob

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          In the case of the Jupiter Two, they actually built a model for the air
          show.

          http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=46170

          On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Robert McNay <CptMatt@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > If this is the same video I've seen, that's not real, its CGI. There's a
          > website
          > called SF Airshow that has been doing some same convincing CGI pictures
          > and
          > videos of a fictional science fiction airshow that blends the real with
          > the
          > imagination. My favorite is of a NASA Shuttle being towed into a hanger
          > while a
          > SPACE:1999 Eagle Transporter sits parked on the tarmac facing it.
          >
          > Their products are very, VERY realistic.
          >
          > Rob

        • Martin Parrott
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
            Wow, thanks for the link. I love seeing model making, shot setups, etc.
            That link had it all!

            Martin from Texas