OT: Sci Fi Airshow Trailer

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2012
      Think this would confuse any former members?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF2i6E2hl20

    • Robert McNay
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2012
        Nice bit of CGI. You had me at the people boarding the Eagle Transporter.
        :-)

        Rob McNay
        Chicago IL

      • David Marks
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2012
          Sweet !  I would love to go to that airshow.

               End Run,

               David in MA

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
            Yeah! It would be great if they could put together a Sci-Fi Air Show like
            this. It would be a blast!

            If they'd been working on it long enough, a full-scale '1999' Eagle is
            feasible.

            The Flight Deck (upper deck) of the Jupiter 2 set still exists, and last I
            heard was in the hands of a private collector. (It was used to film the
            special "Lost In Space Forever" in the late '90s.) So that part is also
            feasible. (Although, transporting the aforementioned items to different venues
            would be a logistical nightmare!)

            The Space Pod fly-by made me sit back and think, "Naw: stability issues -
            unless it's tethered to a copter that's out of frame, and even then iffy."

            The walking eyeball robot monster from 'Johnny Quest''s Dr. Zinn looked
            cool, but I doubt that could be done with such thin legs moving at that
            speed. I mean, today's technology "might" be able to build a walking bot that
            big with legs that thin, but I don't think they could get that sort of speed
            out of it.

            Now, it they were opening a Sci-Fi "Air Show Museum" with all of these
            things in it, the only logistical nightmare would be the building large enough
            to house it all. (Still, a Space Pod dangling from a copter as a fly-by
            promotional would be a great stunt!)

            Funny how they didn't show more items that would make this more believable
            - like the full-scale mockups of the Mk II and Mk VII Viper, Cylon Raider,
            and Raptor from the new 'Galactica'. I know the Mk VII Viper and Raptor
            were on the auction block a few years ago: don't know if they ever sold.
            They've got some creative narratives on the Classic 'Galactica' Viper (which
            they refer to as the Mk I) and the Galactica Shuttle on their web site. (They
            only built one full-scale mock-up of the original Viper and I don't know
            what happened to it after its refit as a 2-seater for 'Galactica 1980' and
            that abysmal series' cancellation.) Three Vipers were used in the Classic
            'Galactica': one full-scale, one done in force-perspective, and one
            photo-enlargement profile. I don't know if any of them still exist.

            And where was the Police Box?

            Dino.