For Bond's eyes only

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2012
      Hello Don

      I�ve only been picking up the odd Bond DVD
      in the past year.

      Like you I did wonder about Moore�s first
      film but as I�ve seen �Live And Let Die� recently and the opening focuses on
      something else, knew it couldn�t be that one. [By the by, I�ve got the complete
      boxset of the Tarot cards and its instructions from that film.]

      I looked up the opening sequence on UTube
      of �For Your Eyes Only� but it stops when he lets Blofeld go.

      I�m hoping my memory isn�t playing tricks
      with when I saw the film back in the 80s. Listening to the audio commentaries
      on the DVDs of the Bonds I�ve also gave sharp reminders of adjustments made for
      showing to US audiences compared to the rest of the world as well.

      Knowing Moore�s occasional ab-lib that
      gets left in, we could still be looking in the wrong place.

    • Robert McNay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2012
        Out of curiosity, I pulled out my DVD of OHMSS and watched it tonight (I
        hadn't in a long time). The "Other Feller" song is what plays over the
        opening gambit of the movie, before the titles.

        About a year and a half ago, the boxed set of the first 20 JB movies was on
        an overnight Amazon Gold Box special for $80. So I bought it. I recouped
        part of the price selling the 3 or 4 individual movies I already had.

        Sometimes it pays to stay up until 3AM :-)

        Rob McNay
        Chicago IL