RE: [probe_control] Was It On This List?

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
      Hello Rob That would have been me. How fascinating. Keir Dullea almost had as much dialogue as Kubrick gave him. :-) Shame the eyeline was off for a monolith but I would have thought it would have been possible to resolve that. I'll give it a plug with the December SFC editorial. November is the one to show the Predators dancing from Predator 2. Geoff

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: CptMatt@...
      Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 01:43:06 -0500
      Subject: [probe_control] Was It On This List?

      I'm trying to remember if it was this list that we were having the

      discussion about "2001". I think it was kicked off by someone talking about

      the space pods.

      In any case, if it was, I found this, this evening.

      http://www.i-cocoon.com/

      If it wasn't this list, then just ignore. :-)

      Rob McNay

      Chicago IL

    • Robert McNay
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
        If you look at the rest of the site, that's not a monolith. It's an
        i-cocoon, a concept for a spherical personal immersive experience unit. You
        climb those stairs that extend, take a seat inside and the door slides down,
        sealing it from the outside. Images and sounds envelope you in whatever
        experience you have chosen.

        It looks very cool...... and very expensive.

        Rob McNay
        Chicago IL

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
          Hello
          Rob

          I was reading what it was saying on the
          site that they were planning to use the monolith for that scene before entering
          the bubble.

          I might prefer a solitary existence but
          not sure if that would work with me.

          Are you sure they would put a refrigeration
          unit in it for you??

          To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
          From: CptMatt@...
          Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:58:39 -0500
          Subject: RE: [probe_control] Was It On This List?

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
            Keir Dullea is certainly not looking too bad. "i-cocoon"? Interesting concept. They certainly went through great effort to make that if it took two years, with practically no budget. And all done with green screen and digitally inserted sets. If I hadn't read that I'd never have known.

            I'm trying to remember if it was this list that we were having the
            discussion about "2001". I think it was kicked off by someone talking about
            the space pods.

            In any case, if it was, I found this, this evening.

            http://www.i-cocoon.com/

            If it wasn't this list, then just ignore. :-)

            Rob McNay
            Chicago IL

          • British 2010 Promo
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
              Love this I Cocoon. Looks like Fun. Must for cruise ships, hotels, resorts, motels, spas, colleges, Univs alone.