Was It On This List?

  • Robert McNay
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 22, 2011
      I'm trying to remember if it was this list that we were having the
      discussion about "2001". I think it was kicked off by someone talking about
      the space pods.

      In any case, if it was, I found this, this evening.

      http://www.i-cocoon.com/

      If it wasn't this list, then just ignore. :-)

      Rob McNay
      Chicago IL

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
        Hello Rob That would have been me. How fascinating. Keir Dullea almost had as much dialogue as Kubrick gave him. :-) Shame the eyeline was off for a monolith but I would have thought it would have been possible to resolve that. I'll give it a plug with the December SFC editorial. November is the one to show the Predators dancing from Predator 2. Geoff

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
          If you look at the rest of the site, that's not a monolith. It's an
          i-cocoon, a concept for a spherical personal immersive experience unit. You
          climb those stairs that extend, take a seat inside and the door slides down,
          sealing it from the outside. Images and sounds envelope you in whatever
          experience you have chosen.

          It looks very cool...... and very expensive.

          Rob McNay
          Chicago IL

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
            Hello
            Rob

            I was reading what it was saying on the
            site that they were planning to use the monolith for that scene before entering
            the bubble.

            I might prefer a solitary existence but
            not sure if that would work with me.

            Are you sure they would put a refrigeration
            unit in it for you??

            To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
            From: CptMatt@...
            Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:58:39 -0500
            Subject: RE: [probe_control] Was It On This List?

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
              Keir Dullea is certainly not looking too bad. "i-cocoon"? Interesting concept. They certainly went through great effort to make that if it took two years, with practically no budget. And all done with green screen and digitally inserted sets. If I hadn't read that I'd never have known.

              I'm trying to remember if it was this list that we were having the
              discussion about "2001". I think it was kicked off by someone talking about
              the space pods.

              In any case, if it was, I found this, this evening.

              http://www.i-cocoon.com/

              If it wasn't this list, then just ignore. :-)

              Rob McNay
              Chicago IL

            • British 2010 Promo
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
                Love this I Cocoon. Looks like Fun. Must for cruise ships, hotels, resorts, motels, spas, colleges, Univs alone.