Re: Scanner Ring

  • kc8nqa
    Message 1 of 47 , Aug 28, 2011
      Hello All,

      Here's links to the Scanner Agent Ring. Needs to be gold plated.

      It is a One of Kind - It was too much of a project for me - I will not
      be making Anymore!

      Anyone interested can contact me direct kc8nqa@...

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ohitsjustme/ScanRingPost.jpg

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ohitsjustme/ScanRingPost3.jpg

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ohitsjustme/ScanRingPost4.jpg

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ohitsjustme/ScanRingPost2.jpg

      Thanks,
      Have a Great Day All!

      Mike S.

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "kc8nqa" <kc8nqa@...> wrote:

      > Hello ALL,
      >
      > I have been busy working on a Scanner Ring, I also have another
      Scanner almost complete.

      Message 47 of 47 , Sep 20 2:50 AM
        Hello Dino I've got a Starfury in the process of being wired for lights - principally for engines. The Babylon 5 station is supposed to be 5 miles long so whatever scale you use, its going to look small. You would think that with the software available today, that there would be more pictures made digitally of such vehicles. They are out there but don't look as good as the series usage, even when the originals were CGI. I guess there's no buttons to dirty down the graphics. Resin looks fragile to me. Geoff

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: LambuLambu@...
        Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:46:34 -0400
        Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Scanner Ring

        Geoff,

        They tried that with the Starfury from 'Babylon 5', and the station itself. I'm not sure how the Starfury comes out; I never bought that one. But the B5 station was rather small and left a lot to be desired. There are some people who have blogged on how to "build up" the station to give it more details and make it more accurate, but that kind of effort just isn't for me. So I'm with you; I'd really like to see a decent model kit (which can be bought at a reasonable price) of a CGI space ship that has a nice size to it (as I said, the B5 model was rather small) and some good detail.

        I kept waiting for the new Galactica to come out so I could have her sitting next to my original (bought back in the '70s): old and new side by side. But that never happened. All that ever came out were resin kits that were way too small, and too expensive.