[probe_control] Is now the right time?

  • James Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2000
      Back in college a friend and I surmised that the reason for the brevity of
      "Search" was that it was between its times: too far after the James Bond/Man
      from Uncle/Wild Wild West era and too soon before the Star Wars/Six Million
      Dollar Man era.

      But with the current love affair with technology in various sectors of
      society, perhaps it is time again to try this wonderful concept and show.

      Is there anyone you would cast for a television incarnation? Movie version?
      And has technology gone to far to make it interesting anymore?
    • actingman-jc@att.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2000
        I would cast Tony Franciosa as Bianco, now holding
        Cameron's job. He has the strong personality to carry
        those scenes and make them his own, and you would have
        the interesting aspect of him putting up with the things
        Cameron had to put up with when supervising Bianco and
        company.

        I think the things the scanner can do, as well as the
        neural and dental implants can still carry. The only
        thing that may seem common place is the idea of hitting
        the computer to tie in to info banks to get what you
        need. I do that every day when I should be working.