Re: [probe_control] Re: Who has actually ordered PROBE?

    Message 1 of 27 , May 3, 2011
      Has anyone been notified that their DVD has shipped yet?

      John

      Message 2 of 27 , May 3, 2011
        Marta--

        Write me off-list, please? I ran across something I thought you might get a kick out of.

        Thanks--

        Jim Alexander
        probecontrol @ wowway .com

      • Phil Satterley
        Message 3 of 27 , May 3, 2011
          I have (I couldn’t click the “order” button fast enough.)
          Oh, and in my haste I “accidentally” hit the order button for Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles DVD as well. Darn computer

          Cheers!
          Phil

          Message 4 of 27 , May 3, 2011
            Yes, I accidentally ordered "City Beneath the Sea" to bring my Irwin Allen
            collection up to date.

            John

            Message 5 of 27 , May 3, 2011
              My order is in. Hopefully enough sales will give Warner Brothers the confidence to release the series.

              Chris

              Message 6 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                You and me both, Phil. Except (and I KNOW you're kidding about that part, but) it wasn't so 'accidentally' for me. I dearly love those Sixties Hanna Barbera cartoons like SPACE GHOST, THE HERCULOIDS, SHAZZAN, MIGHTOR , and so forth... and even though FRANKENSTEIN JR. AND THE IMPOSSIBLES was more 'whimsical' than the ones above, I always thought it was enormous fun. I ordered it when I ordered PROBE. :)

                Truth be told, they were BOTH on my DVD 'Top Ten' list. I know, strange bedfellows, but... ;)

                Jim Alexander

                P.S. And in case you're interested, and hadn't yet heard, THE HERCULOIDS has been announced.

                Message 7 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                  John asked:
                  >... Has anyone been notified that their DVD has shipped yet?
                  ============
                  If I remember correctly, john--I was notified that FRANKENSTEIN JR. has shipped, but have NOT been notified that PROBE has.

                  Y'know, I hadn't considered this, but I just thought of something. I wonder if it was delayed because WAC had Hugh O'Brian's name spelled wrong on the DVD cover art posted on numerous sites--and perhaps they're going to the trouble of having it reprinted?

                  Message 8 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                    The other DVD I ordered was shipped and arrived yesterday. Since the
                    release date for Probe was today I'm assuming it will ship very shortly.

                    John

                    >... Has anyone been notified that their DVD has shipped yet?
                    ============
                    If I remember correctly, john--I was notified that FRANKENSTEIN JR. has
                    shipped, but have NOT been notified that PROBE has.

                    Y'know, I hadn't considered this, but I just thought of something. I wonder
                    if it was delayed because WAC had Hugh O'Brian's name spelled wrong on the
                    DVD cover art posted on numerous sites--and perhaps they're going to the
                    trouble of having it reprinted?

                  • Marta Dawes
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                      Ah, "Herculoids"! A wonderful show that I loved endlessly.

                      Marta

                      http://www.steveandmarta.com - See the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

                      All we are saying...
                      is give Peace a chance. - John Lennon

                      May the good Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up real soon! - Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok

                        From: Robert McNay
                        Date: 5/3/2011 1:31:50 PM
                        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                        I did.

                        Rob McNay
                        Chicago IL

                        =================

                        Message 11 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                          I've ordered my copy, and I just had an idea. Rather than trying to count all of the e-mails of those who have ordered the DVD, would it be possible to set up a poll? We've got one that let people select which version of Probe Control they liked best, so why not one for all those who have ordered the DVD? It would be easier to count responses that way.

                          End Run,

                          Message 12 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                            >... Ah, "Herculoids"! A wonderful show that I loved endlessly.
                            ============

                            Couldn't have said it better myself, Marta. :D .

                            Jim

                          • Martin Parrott
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                              Me three!

                              Martin from Texas

                              Message 14 of 27 , May 3, 2011
                                RE: The Herculoids

                                >... Me three!

                                =============

                                Good man, Martin.  GOOD MAN!  :)

                              • David Marks
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 20, 2011
                                  I just put my order for the DVD.  Hopefully, that will encourage
                                  them to release the series.

                                       End Run,

                                       David in MA

                                  > >... Hopefully our orders of "Probe" can generate enough revenue for WB to
                                  > offer the series in the same way.
                                  >
                                  > =================
                                  >
                                  > I've been meaning to suggest the following. I'd like to see a show of
                                  > cyber-hands of how many people reading this HAVE ACTUALLY ORDERED the Warner
                                  > Archive Collection MOD 'Probe' DVD. No need for any 'I haven't yet but I
                                  > intend to,' or justifications why you don't intend to. A simple 'I have' is
                                  > sufficient. Also, if you've ordered more than a single copy--you might add
                                  > that.
                                  >
                                  > I'll start. I've ordered one copy.
                                  >
                                  > I would suggest that if anyone is waiting to do so, that 'now' might be
                                  > better than later. Just as Hollywood looks at Opening Weekend Box Office
                                  > totals, it might be more noticeable if there were a larger initial influx of
                                  > orders--in order to help urge WAC consider a release of the SEARCH series.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks--
                                  >
                                  > Jim Alexander

                                • David Marks
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 20, 2011
                                    Where do I find "The Herculoids" cartoon series?

                                    I loved it!

                                         End Run,

                                         David in MA

                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 20, 2011
                                      >... Where do I find "The Herculoids" cartoon series? I loved it!

                                      =============

                                      It was one of my all-time favorites too, David. You can order here:

                                      http://tinyurl.com/3fr3z3y

                                    • David Marks
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 20, 2011
                                        Jim,

                                        Thanks for the tip.  I thought "Herculoids" was a well-crafted
                                        series.  Its 1981 revival was dumb-downed and a cheap imitation.

                                        Doug Wildey kept himself busy after "Jonny Quest".

                                        Btw, I am sorry to have been dormant.  I have returned to
                                        school earlier this year.  I am taking up German studies.

                                             End Run,

                                             David

                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 20, 2011
                                          >... Thanks for the tip.
                                          ======
                                          I'll be ordering!
                                          ======
                                          >... I thought "Herculoids" was a well-crafted series.
                                          ======
                                          I agree. The great music by Hort Curtin and amazing character designs by Alex Toth made it top-notch fun. I still enjoy it on BOOMERANG. I believe they're running it weeknights at 11pm.
                                          ======
                                          >... Its 1981 revival was dumb-downed and a cheap imitation.
                                          ======
                                          Absolutely HORRIBLE! The less said about the '81 HERCULOIDS and SPACE GHOST revivals, the better.

                                        • British 2010 Promo
                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 20, 2011
                                            In So CA, Channel 102 for Charter Comm Basic cable users.
                                            Best bet, hours???
                                            Or Hub Channel.

                                          • David Marks
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 21, 2011
                                              LOL

                                              You're right. HORRIBLE is the operative word.

                                                   End Run,

                                                   David in MA

                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 21, 2011
                                                The original 'Herculoids' and 'Space Ghost' were great. I loved them as a kid. The animation in the revivals was awful, as were the stories' plots. ('Space Ghost Coast to Coast' was one heck of a show, though!)

                                                It seemed like 1980/81 was the season for the horrid revivals, doesn't it? (Remember 'Galactica: 1980'? Yeah, it brought some sort of resolution to the original series, but at what cost?)

                                                And speaking of 'Johnny Quest', the 1990s update to that series was mixed. There was one version that had Race Bannon turned into a southerner (US-type, and no offence to any US southerners on this list; just remembering that in the original Race was your average Joe who had combat training, and no drawl). The animation didn't even have Race looking like "Race" in that version. The other '90s version - recognized by Dr. Quest being voiced by John De Lancie (Q of ST: TNG fame) - had Race Bannon almost indistinguishable from his 1960's counterpart. That second version was fun to watch (once you ignored that time had moved very slowly for the young Quest characters, in that they had only progressed to teenagers in 30 years: oh if only that were really possible!).

                                                Now, shall we dare to mention what 'The Venture Brothers' series has done to the Johnny Quest character? That one kills me every time they bring him on!

                                                End Run,