RE: [probe_control] Hi New Guy

  • Richard Perez
    Message 1 of 37 , May 3, 2011
      Has anyone ever thought of suggesting an update to SEARCH that could be
      syndicated?

      Using today's technology, it could be quite an action series. First, it
      would be nsemble-driven, with a wider cast of control room personnel, and
      each script would involve more than one Probe agent at the same time. Think
      of it as an interconnected version of "Mission: Impossible" with field
      agents on a singular mission, supported technologically by a staff at the
      control center. The series could feature a charismatic lead agent, in the
      Kiefer Sutherland mold, with male and female supporting agents.

      The key problem with SEARCH was the rotating leads, a situation they ere
      stuck with when O'Brian would not commit to a series. So, if you did not
      like any of the other two leads, you did not tune in that week. (I did not
      watch any of the buffoonish McClure episodes). A single lead solves this
      problem.

      With today's worldwide market, there is no reason why SEARCH could not be
      made outside the network universe. I'd certainly go out of my way to find
      and watch a revival if it ever aired.

      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2011
        I share your feelings on S4.  Manny Coto was given a greater hand
        in production after Showtime cancelled his "Odyssey 5" series.

        S3 was a mistake.  I didn't care for the entire Xindi arc.  When S4
        began they did a "Dallas" on it in their fashion.  The "It was a
        dream" escape, except we see it as a rewrite in the timeline.

             End Run,

             David in MA

        From: Richard Perez
        Date: 5/3/2011 4:43:45 PM
        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

        NO!!! Enterprise was a terrible show on a dying network. Plus, the writers
        had run out of ideas for TREK, which is why they screwed with the story to
        create Enterprise. Most viewers stuck with it out of loyalty to Trek, byt by
        then, the air had been let out of the franchise.

        This is not indicative of the syndication market, where questionable shows
        like "Acapulco HEAT' were made largely for the overseas market. A well-made
        espionage series would do well pretty much everywhere.