BIG NEWS

  • dwiff@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 25 3:12 PM
      Probe on DVD is nigh! "reliable sources" inform that it will be available for pre-sale as soon as tomorrow - to be released next week!
      Hurray!
    • Bryan Durk
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 25 5:24 PM
        Wow, that is fantastic news!

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 25 5:50 PM
          Bryan wrote:

          Wow, that is fantastic news!
          ============

          You SAID it, Bryan!

          Thanks so much for the tip, 'dwiff.'  I'm guessing you're getting that from THE Warner Archive Collection?  I've looked around, and don't see any such mention.

          Thanks--

        • British 2010 Promo
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 25 5:52 PM
            Scan Amazon.com, any Mail order DVD catalogs, Blockbuster, Best Buy etc for Search DVDs?? Then we can know for sure.
            Or PBS TV catalogs.

          • Marta Dawes
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 25 5:58 PM
              We're all aflutter here, in anticipation of placing an order. :-) I've
              said all along that Warner Archive might be our best hope, and it's looking
              better and better.

              Marta

              http://www.steveandmarta.com - See the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

              All we are saying...
              is give Peace a chance. - John Lennon

              May the good Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up real soon! - Big Jim
              McBob and Billy Sol Hurok

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 25 9:14 PM
                Is there any clue as to which version of the Pilot this is?

                Dino.

                In a message dated 4/25/2011 8:58:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                marta@... writes:

                We're all aflutter here, in anticipation of placing an order. :-) I've
                said all along that Warner Archive might be our best hope, and it's looking
                better and better.

                Marta

                _http://www.steveandmarta.com_ (http://www.steveandmarta.com/) - See the
                2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

              • JeffBatten@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 26 5:55 AM
                  I just ordered mine...Thanks for the heads-up.

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 26 7:33 AM
                    THANKS all! I just ordered mine. Hopefully, they'll see a "run" on
                    this - and realize there's an eager market for the show -- fingers
                    crossed!

                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 26 7:45 AM
                      Their Facebook message said something that the gentleman from the company in
                      Australia said...that it would take effort to clear a show from back then
                      that has not had any clearance work done on it before.

                      The pilot had been released on VHS...so the paperwork was there.

                      We shall see.

                    • DBoysen@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 26 9:27 PM
                        Does anyone have the audio specs on this? Any chance they gave it a
                        stereo remix?

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 27 6:31 AM
                          No way. They found a copy, slammed it onto the film chain, and digitized
                          it.

                          Whatever came out is what we got.

                          But for this low radar show...it is a major achievement.

                          On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:27 AM, <DBoysen@...> wrote:

                          > Does anyone have the audio specs on this? Any chance they gave it a
                          > stereo remix?

                        • Michael Beacom
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                            I concur. I have not gotten my copy of PROBE yet but I have ordered from WB burn-on-demand before, and they just take the first copy they find that is not so degraded that it would be a complete embarrassment. Ordered the Bermuda Depths from them and a couple of others. Some were pretty good but one was barely above the quality I get from people who sell copies of shows taped off cable.

                            So don't throw your private copies away just yet-- the major breakthrough here is that the WB admits this is even one of their properties. I have no doubt that writing in to them helped (they probably blocked my email after a while).

                            Now we have to make sure everyone who was ever interested in this show orders a copy so they sense money to be made in releasing the series.

                            Michael B

                            mjb1964@...
                            "The difference between Fiction and Reality is that Fiction must be Plausible."

                            Message 13 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                              Hopefully our orders of "Probe" can generate enough revenue for WB to
                              offer the series in the same way. DVD on-Demand is better than no DVD at all.

                              Bermuda Depths? I remember watching that on TV way back when. (Talk about
                              reviving old memories!) That was Connie Sellecca's debut role as the
                              mysterious Jennie Haniver (she was HOT in that one) and it featured a really big
                              turtle! She went on to star in "The Greatest American Hero" and then "Hotel"
                              (and she was hot in those as well, although "Hero" was a more fun to
                              watch).

                              Dino.

                              Message 14 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                                I was disappointed with the copy of Man From Atlantis that they are selling,
                                it was nearly identical to an "unofficial copy I purchased a couple of years
                                ago.

                                John

                              • JeffBatten@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 9, 2011
                                  i came home for lunch and the DVD was in the mail!..I watched about first 30 minutes...im pretty happy. It does have the spinning diamond segment breaks.

                                  Jeff

                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 9, 2011
                                    Did it have the rescue at the beginning? Did it have the phone call after
                                    the credits?

                                  • JeffBatten@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 9, 2011
                                      yes to both

                                      Did it have the rescue at the beginning? Did it have the phone call after
                                      the credits?

                                      On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM, <JeffBatten@...> wrote:

                                      > i came home for lunch and the DVD was in the mail!..I watched about first
                                      > 30 minutes...im pretty happy. It does have the spinning diamond segment
                                      > breaks.
                                      >
                                      > Jeff

                                    • Paul Holmes
                                      Message 18 of 19 , May 9, 2011
                                        Got mine, too. I’ll watch it in the next day or so.

                                        Spent a few hours yesterday starting the full Man From Uncle series. Had it for a couple of years, haven’t had the time to sit down with it. Have to do those a couple each weekend...

                                        Paul

                                        On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM, <mailto:JeffBatten%40aol.com> wrote:

                                        > i came home for lunch and the DVD was in the mail!..I watched about first
                                        > 30 minutes...im pretty happy. It does have the spinning diamond segment
                                        > breaks.
                                        >
                                        > Jeff

                                      • David Marks
                                        Message 19 of 19 , May 20, 2011
                                          "The Bermuda Depths" !  That's a Moldie Oldie.

                                          I remember being stuck at home during an especially
                                          bad snowstorm watching that.  Personally, I thought
                                          it was badly crafted then and now.

                                          Certainly, Connie Selleca is HOT!

                                               End Run,

                                               David