Re: [probe_control] in case folk had not seen this

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 11, 2011
      And of course, here's to hoping that it also includes some Special
      Features, like "home movies" of them putting some of the Probe Control set
      together, location shoot set-up. I doubt they would be more than that because at
      the time they most likely didn't think much beyond that. I don't think we'd
      be lucky enough to see in detail how they built scanners and the main
      console props and things like that, like they do with DVD releases of "Trek",
      "Star Wars", et al.

      And now, unlike with the aforementioned DVD releases, with the exception
      of Hugh O'Brian and Angel Tompkins (and the gentleman - whose name escapes
      me - who Jim interviewed via phone) I think everyone else who was involved
      with the making of "Probe" has passed on, so inside info and commentary will
      be limited.

      Dino.

      In a message dated 4/11/2011 4:04:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      actingman6@... writes:

      Folks need to write to them and make sure they know they are looking for a
      decent copy that has both openings.

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 12, 2011
        Hello John

        I agree with you. They might not know there were two cuts of the pilot.

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: probecontrol@...
        Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:35:52 -0400
        Subject: [probe_control] SEARCH/Warner Archive Collection

        For the life of me, I can never find the comments referred to in these posts on the Warner Archive Collection FB page. Can anyone give me the DATE of the comment below?

        Thanks--

        Jim Alexander

        ===================

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 14, 2011
          Make sure you have "Most Recent" selected on the FB page instead of the default, which only shows you the posts made the WAC admins, not the responses to fan posts.

          There are multiple mentions of the upcoming release, now.

          Also, a good place to ask about alternate cuts.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 14, 2011
            Can you give us a direct link...I am not finding anything at all.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 14, 2011
              'dwiff' is right.  His suggestion below makes all the difference in the world.  Click the 'Most Recent' option, travel back from now 'til, say, last Sunday, and you'll see two or three mentions of PROBE and SEARCH.

              And more importantly, WAC (the folks at Warner Archive Collection) has responded positively to the request for PROBE on at least one occasion.

              I STRONGLY suggest that everyone here with a Facebook account follow dwiff's 'Most Recent' option suggestion, and either post NEW praise for WAC in their decision to release PROBE -- and intelligently express your desire for them to release the entire SEARCH series (which they say they are seeking clearances for). or... look up the older posts, and 'Like' or 'Comment' on them.

              Thanks--

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 15, 2011
                If you don't click "most recent" you won't see the posts, direct link or not.

                for what it's worth:

                https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive?sk=wall&filter=1

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 15, 2011
                  Actually, that link worked perfectly...thanks.