[probe_control] New SEARCH Episodes?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2000
      Hey, group!!!

      I just had a great time speaking with a really nice gentleman named Don Harden. Great News! He has the following episodes, on video, which, to the best of my knowledge 'we' do not have copies of:

      COUNTDOWN TO PANIC

      GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION

      and

      SUFFER MY CHILD

      Also-- Video collector Stephen Russo has contacted me, and mentioned that he has a SIXTH 'Search" Volume, too. I expect that he is probably duplicating the three episodes that Mr. Harden has, so I'm not holding my breath (pessimist!). He hasn't written me since he mentioned that he had a 'Volume 6', so I don't know WHICH episodes are contained on it...

      Back to Mr. Harden-- he is not 'on line' yet, but hopes to be within the next week or two. He's a very pleasant individual, with GREAT memories of SEARCH!!! He also has scripts of:

      THE GOLD MACHINE

      IN SEARCH OF MIDAS

      THE ADONIS FILE

      THE BULLET

      FLIGHT TO NOWHERE

      A HONEYMOON TO KILL

      24-CARAT HIT

      NUMBERED FOR DEATH

      and

      COUNTDOWN TO PANIC

      He also has truckloads of Lincoln Enterprises film-clip frames that he has categorized, episode-by-episode... and says that he can 'almost' reconstruct many of the episodes by using them. He also has audio-cassettes of:

      ONE OF OUR PROBES IS MISSING

      LIVE MEN TELL TALES

      OPERATION: ICEMAN

      THE BULLET

      A HONEYMOON TO KILL

      SUFFER MY CHILD

      ENDS OF THE EARTH

      FLIGHT TO NOWHERE

      THE CLAYTON LEWIS DOCUMENT

      THE PACKAGERS

      THE MURROW DISAPPEARANCE

      MOONROCK

      SHORT CIRCUIT

      LET US PREY

      MOMENT OF MADNESS

      a 'fair' audio copy of GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION

      portions of Acts 1,2 and 3 only of THE 24-CARAT HIT

      portions of Acts 3 and 4 only of NUMBERED FOR DEATH

      a 'fair' copy of THE MATTSON PAPERS

      and a copy of the syndicated SEARCH pilot

      All of Don's audiocassette recordings were done off of WSB-Channel 2 in Atlanta, and he says they include Ed McMahon's 'Tonight Show' voiceovers, 'Scenes From Next Week's SEARCH', and 'teasers'.

      He has kindly mentioned that he desires to make all of our collections more 'complete'! Wottaguy!!! I am in the process of dubbing copies of NUMBERED FOR DEATH, IN SEARCH OF MIDAS, SHORT CIRCUIT, and THE MURROW DISAPPEARANCE for him, in return for the episodes I mentioned at the beginning of the letter.

      I just accepted a new job, for substantially better money; I begin in a week-and-a-half... and I don't know which is BETTER news. My great new job, or Don's 'new' SEARCH episodes... :)

      I'll keep y'all posted. Look towards hearing from Mr. Harden himself here, soon!

      Jim Alexander
      jima@...