Re: [probe_control] Ahna Capri --best role

  • martin allen
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
             Let's not forget her small, but important part in 'Enter the Dragon'.
        Just don't watch the movie on YouTube, It deserves to be seen on a real TV, in letterbox.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
        She was the woman who guided Bruce Lee & others around that temple fort, right?

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 3, 2010
          Hello everyone

          I was going to say the same thing. Check out Miss Capri's CV on http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0135622/

          She appeared everywhere on TV.

          To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
          From: zippytkat@...
          Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:35:14 -0700

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2010
                   Yep. Tour guide and John Saxon's love interest. Comes to a sticky end, like about 3/4 of Han's gang. It's one of those films I always wanted to see in the theater when it came out, just too young to drive and the parents weren't going to take me across the river to St. Paul to see it. Got the next best thing to it a few years later tho--a buddy of mine in Houston bought it on 16mm, in widescreen; at a convention. He still has it.

            From: martin allen <zippytkat@...>

            To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

            Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 5:35 PM

            From: dghprobe3 <dghprobe3@...>

            To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 3, 2010
              "Enter the Dragon" came out the year I was 16, so I did get to see it in the theatre; Ahna Capri certainly made an impression in that role. It was right after Bruce Lee died so I was aware that this was his final film, which gave an air of unreality to it. Right after that a local drive-in held a Saturday screening of all five of his films, which I managed to stay awake through. I was a long-time fan of Lee, thanks to "The Green Hornet." For me, he can be the only Kato. I did see a trailer for the new "Green Hornet" film last week, which looks like it might stay close to the style of the series. The Black Beauty looked very similar.

              Marta

              http://www.steveandmarta.com - See the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

              All we are saying...
              is give Peace a chance. - John Lennon

              May the good Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up real soon! - Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok

              From: martin allen <zippytkat@...>

              To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 5:35 PM

              From: dghprobe3 <dghprobe3@...>

              To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 4, 2010
                      Hi Marta,

                          Wow--you have just the lead time I would have always wished for myself--I've lost track of the times when I could have said 'missed it by that much'. Lee was fantastic--as a kid, I was always evenly divided over who I liked more, the Hornet or Kato.
                           The fact that we can find links between stuff like 'Search', 'Green Hornet', 'Enter the Dragon' and the like just speaks oodles about the popular culture of those years past. All of which built upon the radio years of before--and hopefully will continue thru today, no matter how many tangents it may take.
                           And I am writing this without a clue as to the gamut of on-site-e-mail regarding the GH film at the moment. So there.
                            Pity we can't seem to find the right tangent to convince certain 'powers that be' that one of our favorite shows of years past Really Is just about as relevant now as it was then. 'Adonis File' being just one of them--'The Packagers', another. And as for the psychological underpinnings of 'The Ends of the Earth'; well, need we go on?

                         Martin

                From: British 2010 Promo <stephenrusell@...>

                To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 8:44 PM

                From: martin allen <zippytkat@...>

                To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 5:35 PM

                From: dghprobe3 <dghprobe3@...>

                To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                  From: British 2010 Promo <stephenrusell@...>

                  To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                  Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 8:44 PM

                  From: martin allen <zippytkat@...>

                  To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                  Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 5:35 PM

                  From: dghprobe3 <dghprobe3@...>

                  To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 4, 2010
                    I've posted this link a lot, but I can't remember if I have posted it here.
                    It talks about the real reason why there may never be a DVD release of the
                    1966 Batman TV series, and it mentions Green Hornet. Since it was the same
                    production company, it may have the same rights issues. The real heart of
                    the matter begins with paragraph 6. I think it is important reading,
                    because it really makes you realize just how much goes into clearing
                    something for release. It is so way much more than you would think.

                    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Watchmen-Batman-Deal-Reported/10573

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 5, 2010
                      Hello John

                      That's certainly a hornet's mess of rights to sort out. Didn't know Adam West was doing his own thing though.

                      I was discussing with Jim Alexander a while back about the quality of a Batman TV series DVD set we'd both seen on-line as to whether it would be worth going after.

                      Anyone got it??

                      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
                      From: actingman6@...
                      Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:12:55 -0400