RE: [probe_control] Re: Probe Control blueprints or floorplan?

    Message 1 of 47 , May 4, 2010
      Hello Dino

      I was just rolling info out of my head. After correcting the Barnett thing, I think I�m just going to do a refresher course myself and finish the rest of the episodes in the next few weeks.

      Barnett and Laurent were the only two names that came up. Interesting that both of them are doctors with no indication of what though.

      One thing that did strike me from the Moonrock episode was how low the ceiling was.

      I�m sure Don or Jim will sort you out with the rest of the episodes. Something else you can do while convalescing.

      By the by, anyone have idea as to how much it cost to charter a 747 back in the 70s??

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: LambuLambu@...
      Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:12:30 -0400
      Subject: RE: [probe_control] Re: Probe Control blueprints or floorplan?

      Geoff,

      My little comment about "memory" was referring to one of your earlier replies to an e-mail of mine, where you said something about me believing you had a superb memory for some of the details I was referring to.

      " [Dino makes a point that Geoff has a fairly good memory recall in his head. :-) ]"

      So what I was basically saying after you properly correcting my on who gave Gloria her promotion was that you made an unarguable counterpoint that my memory does have some holes in it. (And I'm surprised that it doesn't have more!) I knew there was a Dr. Barnett, and a Dr. Laurent (and another, maybe?), but obviously I can't keep them straight in my head. And I'll admit that most of my speculation of the floor plans is going from the stills posted on the Probe Control web site since I have yet to complete my collection of episodes, and it's been a few years since I've watched the eps I got from members on this group.

      I started out a few years ago by buying some (from either Jim or Don, I think it was) with the intent of buying the rest of the episodes from the other since they were sharing the load of making copies for group members (one handling eps 1 through 12 or so, the other handling the rest of the eps). However, after getting my first installment, and thoroughly enjoying watching those episodes again after almost 40 years, life sort of got in the way of everything and I haven't had the chance to get the remaining episodes. (Again, a sense of overwhelming sadness sets in.)

      So, hopefully soon I will be asking those who were offering episodes for private purchase (meaning no profit intended - legal disclaimer there) if they are still offering them because I would love to complete the collection, especially since you've found "Ends of the Earth" (even if it is rumored to look a little "pink").

      Dino

      From: "Geoff Willmetts" <gfwillmetts@...>
      Date: May 4, 2010 4:54:54 AM EDT
      To: "chat search" <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>

      Hello Dino

      You said Laurent. I didn't correct until I checked.

      Haven't watched all the episodes through for a couple years. Running them through a plasma TV screen is quite an experience cos it dimensionalises.

      Here's a poser for everyone: What has 'The Merrow Disappearance' and The Six Million Dollar Man 90 minute 'Wine, Women And War' have in common. Not talking sets by the way.

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: LambuLambu@...
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:47:22 -0400

      And what was that you said about memory?
      <slight demonic laughter>

      In a message dated 5/3/2010 2:55:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      gfwillmetts@... writes:

      I watched The Merrow Disappearance while doing the ironing this afternoon.
      Gloria got her upgrade through Dr. Barnett not Laurent.

      Message 47 of 47 , May 15, 2010
        VTTBOS seems off-line this morning.

        I suspect that computer software makes cleaning up old blueprints a lot easier this days.

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: LambuLambu@...
        Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:02:53 -0400

        Thanks for the sites. I've been to Mike's VTTBOS before, but I never knew
        about the others. (And along with "Lost In Space" "Voyage" was one of my
        most favorite shows as a kid. I think maybe it's because my father always sat
        and watched them with me, so it was a nice time for me.)

        (If I was the evil murdering kind I'd kill to own that studio model!). As
        it is I'm quite happy with my old Aurora Seaview model (second release, done
        in the grey plastic). I'm partial to the 8-window movie/1st season version
        anyway. I'm sure that LUCKY SLOB who owns the studio model went through
        great pains to clean up those plans. I've seen some original plans of other
        models that were just as old and they were almost illegible. He deserves a
        medal.

        Size wise, I would equate Seaview to the Red October (or any "Typhoon"
        class sub). It's the only way you'd be able to fit everything Irwin Allan
        wanted to fit inside it.

        Dino

        In a message dated 5/14/2010 3:46:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        swhite228@... writes:

        You guys should take a look over at HobbyTalk where there are a few threads
        on the Seaview.

        The best one is the Seaview plans thread where a guy who owns the studio
        blueprints of the sub has gone to great lengths to clean them up and post
        the originals as well as copies that are correct to the model(s) built.
        -------------- Original message from STEPHEN RUSELL
        <_stephenrusell@..._ (mailto:stephenrusell@...) >: --------------

        Dino:

        If U want Seaview specs, see these sites:

        IANN.net

        Mikes VTTBOS site.

        Have Fun