Re: Film color fade & correction attempts

    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 11, 2010
      Hi John & Geoff: Another problem I forgot to mention is the sheer volume, the number of scanned clips, along with those yet to be scanned.

      I know lots of the scenes are similar or duplicates, but I've promised my brother I would scan his whole batch (or as much as possible while cutting down on duplicate scenes), and at the same time I need to finish Bill Webb's batch. Plus I still have bunches from my own collection yet to do.

      There are a lot of "new" scenes we haven't scanned before among these batches.

      Also, because there are so many scans yet to be made, the most time effective thing to do at this point is to continue scanning the images -- red as they are -- then put them on discs "as is" and send them out so others can try their color corrections.

      I'm sure one of us, or someone new, might come up with a method that works better than anything we've tried up to now.

      We can keep the original reddish scans "as is" on separate discs just in case they do come out with a program that color corrects with ease.

      This is just a guess, and I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the original first gen scans might work better for corrections than something we messed with, a generation down from the original scan.

      Either way, many thanks for everyone's contributions and efforts so far.
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 14, 2010
        Hello everyone

        That Warners info is interesting.

        It's also interesting that a series like 'Harry O' is stuck in the never-never, too.

        Unlike Stephen R, I never got a rely to my email to Warner. If that happens to you, don't think of it as a slight. More likely, its being posted up their rail-road. At least, that's the best way to look at it.

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        CC: LambuLambu@...
        From: c-jackson@...
        Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:27:40 -0700
        Subject: Re: [probe_control] Search Not Released on DVD Yet

        Thanks for the link Marta! Lets BOMBARD them!!!