Re: Justman on SEARCH

    Message 1 of 145 , Mar 28, 2010
      --- In probe_control, Jim Alexander wrote:
      > I never thought I'd have the opportunity to hearĀ
      > words come from Justman's own lips regarding SEARCH...

      Jim: I could only put so much information into the Files upload. Justman's mention of "Search" came on the heels of his comments regarding the pilot movie "Assignment Munich," which later became the series "Assignment Vienna."

      Imdb on "Assignment Munich":
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068228/

      Imdb on "Assignment Vienna":
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068042/

      Justman worked on the "Munich" pilot as executive producer, but because the MGM series kept being postponed, he decided to work with Leslie Stevens at Warner Brothers on "Search."

      At first he didn't seem to remember the name of the series and he didn't recall Hugh O'Brian, but this is understandable as all that was some 30 years earlier and Search never reaired after the NBC run save for the Search pilot, of which Justman had no connection. (You can tell from the YouTube video that Justman and the interviewer occasionally refer to printed material.)

      His observation that "it would've been better if Leslie Stevens had been able to give more time to it" is fair and diplomatic.

      From viewing the other interview segments, I notice that Justman tends to be upbeat with very few negative comments about other individuals. I wish he could have explained why "Search" sometimes puzzled him and seemed empty to him. This contrasts with John Strong's rather enthusiastic recollections about the show.

      Notice also that TV Legends refers to Justman's section as a 9 part interview, yet only 8 segments are posted. (Not quite four hours of online video.) Segment 9 is apparently missing?

      Part One of the Robert Justman interviews:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKu6MOlA4NI
    • probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      Message 145 of 145 , Jun 4, 2014
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the probe_control
        group.

        File : /HUGH SIGNED photo April 2014.jpg
        Uploaded by : doombuggy64 <norman@...>
        Description : Hugh signed photo April 2014

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        doombuggy64 <norman@...>