Hugh O'Brian, Africa Texas Style

  • Carol Jackson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2010
      Anybody else remember Hugh O'Brian in Africa Texas Style? He was using cowboy techniques on African animals. What struck me about that movie was they misspelled his name in the credits!! Wonder how it got out like that?
      Carol
    • nicholasf
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
        Hi,Carol,
        I remember that movie and I have trying to remember who played Hugh's part in the tv series, Chuck Connors????
        Doug would have been good in that show, if you watch him in The Virginian, you will be surprised how good he was at roping. James Drury told me in Houston that Doug was better at roping than he was. JD was better at cutting e.g. separating a calf from the rest of the herd. There's a video on Youtube of him showing British actor Richard Wilson how to do it.

        Nic.

      • dmanmetz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
          Yes, Chuck Conners played the Hugh O'Brian role on the TV series.

          Chris

          I remember that movie and I have trying to remember who played Hugh's part in the tv series, Chuck Connors????
          Doug would have been good in that show, if you watch him in The Virginian, you will be surprised how good he was at roping. James Drury told me in Houston that Doug was better at roping than he was. JD was better at cutting e.g. separating a calf from the rest of the herd. There's a video on Youtube of him showing British actor Richard Wilson how to do it.

          Nic.

          --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Carol Jackson <c-jackson@...> wrote:

          > Anybody else remember Hugh O'Brian in Africa Texas Style? He was using cowboy techniques on African animals. What struck me about that movie was they misspelled his name in the credits!! Wonder how it got out like that?
          > Carol

        • David Marks
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
            I remember this TV movie from 1971, but