Re: [probe_control] Odds Against Unaired Episode

  • DBoysen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 4, 2009
      It's possible the plug got pulled while still in production. It's been a while since I've been on the site but if memory serves, there were 23 episodes, correct? Since the typical series of that period usually shot 26 episodes, it is possible an episode was shut down before it finished shooting. Perhaps that is the reason Ms.?Hall remembers the episode with such disdain? Or perhaps she was merely being considered for one of the episodes that was shot but never actually got the part? It appears it wouldn't have been the first time. Just guessing. I don't remember, were there any unproduced scripts on the site?

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2009
        Yes, Gemini Man must have aired all the episodes over seas because I have the pilot and complete set on DVD, so it had to come from somewhere.

        Mitch
        -------------- Original message from dmanmetz@...: --------------

        Yes, I can think of two.

        1. Miami Vice's 5th season episode "To Much, Too Late" aired? seven months after the show was canceled by NBC. ?It aired on the USA? network Jan 25th, 1990.

        2. NBC's 1976 series Gemeni Man only aired the first five episodes, with six episodes left in the can that never aired on NBC. I guess ratings must have been REALLY BAD. Does anyone know if the last six episodes aired inn syndication? I think Lesile Stevens had somthing to do with this show too.

        Chris

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2009
          >... no...current is fine...although if the show is still airing...there is still
          the chance it may air.

          =================

          There were four episodes of THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO that never aired on ABC, but appeared later in syndication packages...

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2009
            But was the network still running the series while not running these
            episodes?

            Was the network running reruns while not running these unseen episodes?

            On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:01 PM, JIM ALEXANDER <probecontrol@...>wrote:

            > >... no...current is fine...although if the show is still airing...there is
            > still
            > the chance it may air.
            >
            > =================
            >
            > There were four episodes of THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO that never aired on
            > ABC, but appeared later in syndication packages...
            >
            > Jim Alexander

          • Harlan Brown
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 6, 2009
              A FOX series, Josh Whedon's "Firefly" (from which the motion picture
              "Serenity" later sprang) had an unaired episode that was later included in
              the DVD package. FOX thought that an episode that took place in a brothel
              was a little too much, which is a surprise since FOX's own cartoons can be
              worse. FOX also played with the order of the series episodes (as networks
              often do), which killed some of "Firefly's" continuity.

              Skip

              <mailto:Hutch2006%40webtv.net> > wrote:

              > And the search episode "In Search Of Midas" never re-ran after only one
              > airing in November of 1972, right?
              >
              > Rick

            • Lady Talara
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 7, 2009
                << Yes, Gemini Man must have aired all the episodes over seas because I have the pilot and complete set on DVD, so it had to come from somewhere. Mitch >>

                Nutch.. Where did you get the series Gemini Man on dvd from? Loved that show.

                And how many eps were there.

                Oh and VR~5 didn't have all it's eps aired when first run. They were shown later when SFC aired the series. I have all 13 eps but only on the 6 VHS tapes from Rhino.

                Really wish it would make it to DVD..

                Cat