OT: New Gagetry showing up again on Torchwood

  • JIM ALEXANDER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2009
      Harlan wrote:
      >... Has anyone else had the opportunity to see the BBC show called " Torchwood " a spinoff from the new "Doctor Who" ?
      ==========
      I have, Harlan.  Every episode, as a matter of fact (including all five parts of the recent 'Children of Earth' miniseries).  It might not be everyone's taste, but I enjoy it greatly--especially 'Children of Earth.'  VERY smartly and intelligently done.
      ==========
      >... One of the latest devices in the Five Episode mini-series that kicks off this season is a(n) equivalent of the Probe Scanner. It is a contact lens that films and rebroadcasts video from its wearer's eyes. The wearer sees typed messages on the inside of the lens, and when the wearer looks at someone else talking, a person on the receiving end can "hear" what is being said. Software allows the person on the receiving end to "hear" what is spoken, by lip reading the target in the room, and converting their lip movement into audible speech.
      Right-O, Harlan.  The SEARCH angle of their contact lens wasn't lost on me.
       >... I know they did the same thing on FOX's "Fortune Hunter", with the contact lenses and all, but I don't remember seeing text.

      You're right to mention FORTUNE HUNTER:..

      http ://en. wikipedia .org/ wiki / Fortune_Hunter_ ( TV_series )

      ... because that's what I thought of while watching  TORCHWOOD .

      And, no... I don't recall any 'text' capabilities, either.