World Securities Bldg. #2 in 1974 movie 'Parallax View'

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2009
      Some time ago, we confirmed that the exterior used for World Securities Building #2 was the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse on 600 So. Commonwealth Ave. in L.A. This can be found on Google maps and other sources. You can also find street views of the building and surroundings.

      This building was also used as an exterior set in the 1974 movie "The Parallax View." This would have been filmed shortly after Search ended it's run on NBC. I posted some screen captures in Photos in the folder:

      WorldSecBldg2_Parallax

      The first shot appears about the 53 minute point of the movie, with Warren Beatty in the building lobby.

      The next shot appears near the 1 hour point, and it is of the building's cafeteria. Shortly after this, we see a shot of the building exterior, which is familiar to Search fans as World Securities building.

      Imdb info on "The Parallax View":
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071970/

      Directed by the late Alan J. Pakula. Search guest stars that I could identify were Vernon Weddle, who shows up near the end, and Ford Rainey, who shows up at the very end, but you can hardly see him in the dark, you can only hear him.
    • JIM ALEXANDER
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
        A nice find, Don.  Well done!

        Jim Alexander