Re: [probe_control] Search Mego Figure

  • Kenneth Caslis
    Message 1 of 26 , May 28, 2009
      Humm....I don't know why the sound didn't come through...it did seem
      to take a long time for youtube to upload it. Anyway I'll send you a
      dvd copy, and a disk with the file on it. This summer I plan to go and
      film some other filming locations for the show as well.

      -Ken

      On May 28, 2009, at 9:29 AM, John wrote:

      > That is a riot.
      >
      > I did not hear anything though.
      >
      > If we ever get the full web site back, I would love to post a high
      > encode
      > version of that.
      >
      > On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM, antimatterguy <kcaslis@...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Hey everyone. I posted a new video project on youtube. When Search
      > first
      > > came on T.V. I was 10 years old and one thing I really wanted was
      > a Lockwood
      > > Mego action figure. They never made one of course, so a few months
      > ago I
      > > decided to have one made. I made the body, necklace and scanner. I
      > hired
      > > some else to sculpt the head and someone else to do a nice paint
      > job on it.
      > > Then I thought why not make a Mego type commercial for it...and I
      > did. Now I
      > > must apologize for the voice overs, I don't have any young sons to
      > do the
      > > voices, I had to do them myself and try altering the sounds in my
      > video
      > > editing program. I might put the play set on Ebay. Thanks and enjoy.
      > >
      > > -Ken
      > >
      > > The name of the video is search mego stlye commercial
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VzhEQtWQM

    • Kenneth Caslis
      Message 2 of 26 , May 28, 2009
        Thanks Jim!

      • JeffBatten@aol.com
        Message 3 of 26 , May 28, 2009
          Very Cool! I want the Burgess Meredith and Elke Sommer action figues, too :)
          Jeff

          Message 4 of 26 , May 28, 2009
            --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "antimatterguy" <kcaslis@...> wrote:

            > Hey everyone. I posted a new video project on youtube. When Search first came on T.V. I was 10 years old and one thing I really wanted was a Lockwood Mego action figure. They never made one of course, so a few months ago I decided to have one made. I made the body, necklace and scanner. I hired some else to sculpt the head and someone else to do a nice paint job on it. Then I thought why not make a Mego type commercial for it...and I did. Now I must apologize for the voice overs, I don't have any young sons to do the voices, I had to do them myself and try altering the sounds in my video editing program. I might put the play set on Ebay. Thanks and enjoy.
            >
            > -Ken
            >
            > The name of the video is search mego stlye commercial
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VzhEQtWQM

            Wow! That is a killer 'commercial'. Well done!

            Martin
            Message 5 of 26 , May 28, 2009
              Whaddayaknow? You have to have the volume control up in the browser.

              The things they won't think of.

              Now if I can figure out how it got lowered in the first place...cause I know
              I didn't do it.

              On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Kenneth Caslis <kcaslis@...> wrote:

              > Humm....I don't know why the sound didn't come through...it did seem
              > to take a long time for youtube to upload it. Anyway I'll send you a
              > dvd copy, and a disk with the file on it. This summer I plan to go and
              > film some other filming locations for the show as well.
              >
              > -Ken

            • Kenneth Caslis
              Message 6 of 26 , May 28, 2009
                I've thought about more figures and making a mini-episode. :)

                -Ken

                Message 7 of 26 , May 28, 2009
                  Ya know that's happened to me too...

                  On May 28, 2009, at 9:52 AM, John wrote:

                  > Whaddayaknow? You have to have the volume control up in the browser.
                  >
                  > The things they won't think of.
                  >
                  > Now if I can figure out how it got lowered in the first
                  > place...cause I know
                  > I didn't do it.
                  >
                  > On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Kenneth Caslis <kcaslis@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >

                  > > Humm....I don't know why the sound didn't come through...it did seem
                  > > to take a long time for youtube to upload it. Anyway I'll send you a
                  > > dvd copy, and a disk with the file on it. This summer I plan to go
                  > and
                  > > film some other filming locations for the show as well.
                  > >
                  > > -Ken

                • Kenneth Caslis
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 28, 2009
                    Thanks!

                    On May 28, 2009, at 9:43 AM, parrottm76262 wrote:

                    > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "antimatterguy" <kcaslis@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hey everyone. I posted a new video project on youtube. When Search
                    > first came on T.V. I was 10 years old and one thing I really wanted
                    > was a Lockwood Mego action figure. They never made one of course, so
                    > a few months ago I decided to have one made. I made the body,
                    > necklace and scanner. I hired some else to sculpt the head and
                    > someone else to do a nice paint job on it. Then I thought why not
                    > make a Mego type commercial for it...and I did. Now I must apologize
                    > for the voice overs, I don't have any young sons to do the voices, I
                    > had to do them myself and try altering the sounds in my video
                    > editing program. I might put the play set on Ebay. Thanks and enjoy.
                    > >
                    > > -Ken
                    > >
                    > > The name of the video is search mego stlye commercial
                    > >
                    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VzhEQtWQM
                    > >

                    > Wow! That is a killer 'commercial'. Well done!
                    >
                    > Martin

                  • Mike R
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 28, 2009
                      It all looks great! As you might tell by my email, I am a Mego enthusiast and do (for myself and others) custom figures and packaging plus repro packaging for Megos.

                      If you aren't a member already, join up to the Mego museum

                      http://megomuseum.com/community/

                      and Mego Central

                      http://megocentral.proboards.com/index.cgi?

                      and post about your custom in the customs section.

                      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 26 , May 28, 2009
                        I just joined up Mike, thanks.

                        -Ken
                        On May 28, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Mike R wrote:

                        > It all looks great! As you might tell by my email, I am a Mego
                        > enthusiast and do (for myself and others) custom figures and
                        > packaging plus repro packaging for Megos.
                        >
                        > If you aren't a member already, join up to the Mego museum
                        >
                        > http://megomuseum.com/community/
                        >
                        > and Mego Central
                        >
                        > http://megocentral.proboards.com/index.cgi?
                        >
                        > and post about your custom in the customs section.
                        >
                        > To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: kcaslis@...
                        > Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:23:03 +0000
                        > Subject: [probe_control] Search Mego Figure
                        >
                        > Hey everyone. I posted a new video project on youtube. When Search
                        > first came on T.V. I was 10 years old and one thing I really wanted
                        > was a Lockwood Mego action figure. They never made one of course, so
                        > a few months ago I decided to have one made. I made the body,
                        > necklace and scanner. I hired some else to sculpt the head and
                        > someone else to do a nice paint job on it. Then I thought why not
                        > make a Mego type commercial for it...and I did. Now I must apologize
                        > for the voice overs, I don't have any young sons to do the voices, I
                        > had to do them myself and try altering the sounds in my video
                        > editing program. I might put the play set on Ebay. Thanks and enjoy.
                        >
                        > -Ken
                        >
                        > The name of the video is search mego stlye commercial
                        >
                        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VzhEQtWQM

                      • bryankd97053
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 29, 2009
                          Very, very cool! I loved it! What an incredible job! One of the coolest things I have seen in a long time.

                          I love the humorous spoof of the Mego commercial, but also the way it captures the heart of Search. The play-set with the display monitor is pure genius. Love the hand sliding in the red tinted images, and how well this progressed the exposition of your commercial. Very nice!

                          Also loved the computer console.

                          I laughed out loud at "transferring scanner," and felt nostalgic with the "end run" slide.

                          I was 11 years old when I saw Probe, and have obsessed about Search ever since. As a kid I would have truly loved the "Play-set and action figure". Heck I would love it today.

                          I've shown your video to a few friends today who know of my Search obsession (even though they don't quite get it), they all laughed and thought it was pretty cool. (BTW, shows great on iPhone).

                          THANKS for the creative video!

                          Message 12 of 26 , May 29, 2009
                            Thanks for all the compliments, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who
                            thought it would be a cool fun idea.

                            -Ken

                            On May 29, 2009, at 1:43 AM, bryankd97053 wrote:

                            > Very, very cool! I loved it! What an incredible job! One of the
                            > coolest things I have seen in a long time.
                            >
                            > I love the humorous spoof of the Mego commercial, but also the way
                            > it captures the heart of Search. The play-set with the display
                            > monitor is pure genius. Love the hand sliding in the red tinted
                            > images, and how well this progressed the exposition of your
                            > commercial. Very nice!
                            >
                            > Also loved the computer console.
                            >
                            > I laughed out loud at "transferring scanner," and felt nostalgic
                            > with the "end run" slide.
                            >
                            > I was 11 years old when I saw Probe, and have obsessed about Search
                            > ever since. As a kid I would have truly loved the "Play-set and
                            > action figure". Heck I would love it today.
                            >
                            > I've shown your video to a few friends today who know of my Search
                            > obsession (even though they don't quite get it), they all laughed
                            > and thought it was pretty cool. (BTW, shows great on iPhone).
                            >
                            > THANKS for the creative video!
                            >
                            > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "antimatterguy" <kcaslis@...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hey everyone. I posted a new video project on youtube. When Search
                            > first came on T.V. I was 10 years old and one thing I really wanted
                            > was a Lockwood Mego action figure. They never made one of course, so
                            > a few months ago I decided to have one made. I made the body,
                            > necklace and scanner. I hired some else to sculpt the head and
                            > someone else to do a nice paint job on it. Then I thought why not
                            > make a Mego type commercial for it...and I did. Now I must apologize
                            > for the voice overs, I don't have any young sons to do the voices, I
                            > had to do them myself and try altering the sounds in my video
                            > editing program. I might put the play set on Ebay. Thanks and enjoy.
                            > >
                            > > -Ken
                            > >
                            > > The name of the video is search mego stlye commercial
                            > >
                            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VzhEQtWQM

                          • fewernicholas
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 29, 2009
                              I just looked at this on Youtube and commented on it. I always wanted an action figure of Doug McClure to go with a blue 1/18 scale Corvette I have like the one he drove in The Death Of Me Yet and found a Jurassic Park figure that looks like him. It doesn't resemble any of the actors in that movie, such as Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum, I think maybe when the designer in China was told to make a figure of the actor from the dinosaur movie, he said Ah! So! The Land That Time Forgot!
                              Nic.

                              Message 14 of 26 , May 29, 2009
                                Thanks Nic.

                                I�ve gotten lots of comments through our group and through youtube
                                about my video, and I�m seriously considering making a 10 minute mini-
                                episode mego style featuring Lockwood, Bianco, Grover (and his
                                Corvette), Cameron, and Gloria Harding. I think I most likely will use
                                the actors real voices taken from various episodes for it as well.

                                What do you think?

                                -Ken

                                On May 29, 2009, at 4:34 PM, fewernicholas wrote:

                                > I just looked at this on Youtube and commented on it. I always
                                > wanted an action figure of Doug McClure to go with a blue 1/18 scale
                                > Corvette I have like the one he drove in The Death Of Me Yet and
                                > found a Jurassic Park figure that looks like him. It doesn't
                                > resemble any of the actors in that movie, such as Sam Neill and Jeff
                                > Goldblum, I think maybe when the designer in China was told to make
                                > a figure of the actor from the dinosaur movie, he said Ah! So! The
                                > Land That Time Forgot!
                                > Nic.
                                >
                                > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "bryankd97053" <bryankd@...>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Very, very cool! I loved it! What an incredible job! One of the
                                > coolest things I have seen in a long time.
                                > >
                                > > I love the humorous spoof of the Mego commercial, but also the way
                                > it captures the heart of Search. The play-set with the display
                                > monitor is pure genius. Love the hand sliding in the red tinted
                                > images, and how well this progressed the exposition of your
                                > commercial. Very nice!
                                > >
                                > > Also loved the computer console.
                                > >
                                > > I laughed out loud at "transferring scanner," and felt nostalgic
                                > with the "end run" slide.
                                > >
                                > > I was 11 years old when I saw Probe, and have obsessed about
                                > Search ever since. As a kid I would have truly loved the "Play-set
                                > and action figure". Heck I would love it today.
                                > >
                                > > I've shown your video to a few friends today who know of my Search
                                > obsession (even though they don't quite get it), they all laughed
                                > and thought it was pretty cool. (BTW, shows great on iPhone).
                                > >
                                > > THANKS for the creative video!
                                > >

                                > > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "antimatterguy" <kcaslis@>
                                > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Hey everyone. I posted a new video project on youtube. When
                                > Search first came on T.V. I was 10 years old and one thing I really
                                > wanted was a Lockwood Mego action figure. They never made one of
                                > course, so a few months ago I decided to have one made. I made the
                                > body, necklace and scanner. I hired some else to sculpt the head and
                                > someone else to do a nice paint job on it. Then I thought why not
                                > make a Mego type commercial for it...and I did. Now I must apologize
                                > for the voice overs, I don't have any young sons to do the voices, I
                                > had to do them myself and try altering the sounds in my video
                                > editing program. I might put the play set on Ebay. Thanks and enjoy.
                                > > >
                                > > > -Ken
                                > > >
                                > > > The name of the video is search mego stlye commercial
                                > > >
                                > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VzhEQtWQM

                              • JIM ALEXANDER
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 30, 2009
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 30, 2009
                                    Thanks Jim...I've started to brainstorm plot ideas.

                                    -Ken
                                    On May 30, 2009, at 5:37 PM, JIM ALEXANDER wrote:

                                    > >.... I'm seriously considering making a 10 minute mini- episode
                                    > mego style featuring Lockwood, Bianco, Grover (and his Corvette),
                                    > Cameron, and Gloria Harding. I think I most likely will use the
                                    > actors real voices taken from various episodes for it as well. What
                                    > do you think?

                                  • fewernicholas
                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 30, 2009
                                      Sounds great! If you could mix the voices of the actors the way they did the scenes in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid and have Lockwood talking to Grover and Bianco the way Steve Martin talked to Bogie, etc, and have a character who would link them as Martin's character did in the movie.
                                      Nic.

                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 30, 2009
                                        That's exactly my thought. I certainly plan on having all three probes
                                        interact. It'll take time picking a word from this episode and a line
                                        from that episode, but I think the end product will be worth it.

                                        Ken

                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 30, 2009
                                          Hi:

                                          Thanks for joining the Mego groups but did you make a post to show off your custom?

                                          Go ahead! They all will love it!

                                          To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: kcaslis@...
                                          Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:47:09 -0700
                                          Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Search Mego Figure

                                          Thanks Jim...I've started to brainstorm plot ideas.

                                          -Ken

                                          On May 30, 2009, at 5:37 PM, JIM ALEXANDER wrote:

                                          > >.... I'm seriously considering making a 10 minute mini- episode

                                          > mego style featuring Lockwood, Bianco, Grover (and his Corvette),

                                          > Cameron, and Gloria Harding. I think I most likely will use the

                                          > actors real voices taken from various episodes for it as well. What

                                          > do you think?

                                          > ==================

                                          > Well, i f you're asking the group, Ken... I think it's a GREAT idea,

                                          > and something I'd LOVE to see.

                                          > Jim Alexander

                                        • fewernicholas
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jun 5, 2009
                                            Hi,Ken,
                                            I've just been on a Mego website and found they made a Wyatt Earp action figure, but you may know that already. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to bear any resemblance to Hugh O'Brian's Earp,if it did and they also did a Virginian set with a Trampas action figure, then you would have two of the "actors" for your video!

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jun 5, 2009
                                              Hey Nic,

                                              before I had my "Hugh" made, I went through all the Megos I could find
                                              on the web looking for something close. As you have seen there's not
                                              alot. So I'm currently working on a full cast of character heads
                                              including the other two probes, Cameron and the other key Probe
                                              control staff, and guest stars from the original series. I've started
                                              to build my first set as well. One set will be a full Probe control
                                              with control panels that have working lights. I've got a pretty good
                                              idea of a plot that will be fun and have a few laughs. I think it will
                                              be finished by the end of august, and run about 8 or 9 minutes.

                                              -Ken

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jun 8, 2009
                                                Hi,Ken,
                                                There's a video on Youtube you might like to check out. A guy reinacts the car chase from Bullitt using Lego figures, it's interesting in view of your project. It's under "Bullitt Car Chase".

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jun 8, 2009
                                                  Thanks Nic.