Re: New Probe Control Features

  • Lady Talara
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
      << I want to throw out this idea, has anyone considered the possibility of making a probe series on your own. I the way that "star trek: phase 2" or "Star trek: hidden frontier" has? I mean if you keep the feel of the show and its time frame it ought to be very very possible. I mean why wait on the studio's to do it? Mark >>

      I see little problem. Unlike Trek this is set in the present. {early 70's but things aren't that different..} I have had the same idea for Man From UNCLE..

      I don't know of any SEARCH fan fiction. But there has to be some. Take a fanfic and just have a handful of serious SEARCH fans get together. And make a fan film. And you don't ask some tv networks help. This would be a fan creation..

      Star Trek was and is futurist SF. Something like SEARCH or UNCLE of any old spy series would be a far far more simpler project..

      Cat
    • ronaldheld
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
        Good idea, but authentic set construction could be very costly.
        Ronald

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Lady Talara <ladytalara@...> wrote:

        > << I want to throw out this idea, has anyone considered the possibility of making a probe series on your own. I the way that "star trek: phase 2" or "Star trek: hidden frontier" has? I mean if you keep the feel of the show and its time frame it ought to be very very possible. I mean why wait on the studio's to do it? Mark >>
        >
        > I see little problem. Unlike Trek this is set in the present. {early 70's but things aren't that different..} I have had the same idea for Man From UNCLE..
        >
        > I don't know of any SEARCH fan fiction. But there has to be some. Take a fanfic and just have a handful of serious SEARCH fans get together. And make a fan film. And you don't ask some tv networks help. This would be a fan creation..
        >
        > Star Trek was and is futurist SF. Something like SEARCH or UNCLE of any old spy series would be a far far more simpler project..
        >
        > Cat

      • david xxxxx
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
          I don't believe it would be that costly.
          Personally, I will be happy to chip my
          share to recreate SEARCH.  It's been
          known that others can recreate
          with fidelity the "Star Trek" USS Enterprise
          bridge set.  One was know to almost
          fool The Great Bird Gene Roddenberry.

          The real challenge will be to contrive a
          script in the spirit of SEARCH.

               End Run,

               David in OH

          Good idea, but authentic set construction could be very costly.
          Ronald

          --- In probe_control@ yahoogroups. com, Lady Talara <ladytalara@ ...> wrote:

          > << I want to throw out this idea, has anyone considered the possibility of making a probe series on your own. I the way that "star trek: phase 2" or "Star trek: hidden frontier" has? I mean if you keep the feel of the show and its time frame it ought to be very very possible. I mean why wait on the studio's to do it? Mark >>
          >
          > I see little problem. Unlike Trek this is set in the present. {early 70's but things aren't that different..} I have had the same idea for Man From UNCLE..
          >
          > I don't know of any SEARCH fan fiction. But there has to be some. Take a fanfic and just have a handful of serious SEARCH fans get together. And make a fan film. And you don't ask some tv networks help. This would be a fan creation..
          >
          > Star Trek was and is futurist SF. Something like SEARCH or UNCLE of any old spy series would be a far far more simpler project..
          >
          > Cat

        • Richard D. Perez
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
            I have a number of plot ideas for a possible SEARCH remake. Anyone interested?