A Good Clip Of Newscenter4

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
      I found a good clip of Newscenter 4 New York from 1978 on YouTube. Haven't
      watched all of it, but I have seen enough so you can see Fred Harpman's set,
      and compare and contrast with the final Probe Control set.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLBrivzMTI&feature=related

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        Pretty cool, John! Nice clip.

        Say--isn't that THE BULLET's Malachi Throne doing the audio for the 'Starship Encounters' commercial during the 'cast? BONUS! ;)

        Jim Alexander

        ========================

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
          This was a weekend newscast with a very stiff Pia Lindstrom anchoring. Having grown up in this ear, it's a kick to see'starship NewsCenter' again.

          Harpman's sets were also used by NBC for their network newscasts during this time as well. During prime time, NBC NEws Update was frequently anchored by Chuck Scarborough right from his anchor seat at NewsCenter4.

          RDP

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
            This also has shades of the bridge of the Galactica (the original). Though
            that hadn't premiered yet, by June '78 several episodes would have already
            been in the can. I wonder if "Galactica" production teams borrowed some of their
            bridge design from Newscenter 4, or if Fred Harpman had a hand in that
            design as well.

            Also, the other movie(s) mentioned on this group (whose title(s) escape me
            at the moment, and whose posts I can't find) where the Probe Control view
            screen appears... did they come before or after "Search" and was Fred Harpman
            involved in those set designs? (Or was that just a case of recycled set bits? And
            if it was recycling, were royalties required for using the view screen or
            can sets, or components thereof, not be copyrighted and freely recycled into
            other productions?)

            End Run,
            Dino

            In a message dated 4/1/2009 1:49:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            actingman6@... writes:

            I found a good clip of Newscenter 4 New York from 1978 on YouTube. Haven't
            watched all of it, but I have seen enough so you can see Fred Harpman's set,
            and compare and contrast with the final Probe Control set.

            _http://www.youtube.http://wwwhttp://www.yo&<WBR>feature=re_
            (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLBrivzMTI&feature=related)

            **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
            (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
            eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)