RE: [probe_control] Probe agents equip

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2009
      Hello Stephen

      @

      You�re falling into the same trap as with the original Bond films. Just how could Q anticipate every weapon that Bond would use?? Its convenience or lazy plotting. Bond doesn�t even use the weaponry in a different way.

      @

      The information link to Control is still an edge even today.

      @

      The real problem is so many series have used similar techniques in their series that I doubt if it was re-made today �Search� would get off the ground I�m sorry to say.

      @

      Incidentally, in the latest Eye Spy magazine they show a good resolution movie camera smaller than the palm of your hand.

      @

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: stephenrusell@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:09:58 -0700
      Subject: RE: [probe_control] Probe agents equip

      I agree BUT most are Mission specific not Uniform carry needs.
      Minimum is the Most.
      BUT Mission Specific req dictate more equip as Req.

      From: stephenrusell@...
      Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:36:07 -0700
      Subject: [probe_control] Probe agents equip

      Id equip Probe agents with the usual biological implants within bodies BUT add:

      o X Ray glasses
      o Video view glasses, sunglasses
      o hidden microphone units
      o chip camera scanner?
      o pistol, rifle, etc guns, Taser, Mace, etc.
      o body armor
      o minichip camera jewelry for women to wear: bigger piece house better camera
      etc sensors?
      o chip camera in ring (women).
      o earing audio jack (women).
      o celphone modifications Iphone, Apple LG phone.
      o "bug" sensors: place in suspect locale for wireless tapping.
      etc

      Mission specific & for Self defense.

      See prior spy movies:

      XXXX, XXX State of Union, 007, I Spy, Knight Rider NBC 2008-09,
      Solo (killer android robot), etc.

      Wearable, usable equip hidden in & on body.

      X ray glasses can look through Cement, Iron & steel walls.
      Microsensors can sense: ammo, gun, knife, biologics, nuke weapons on person
      from distance.

      Plus cars have encrypted GPS for Comm & messages to agents.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
        Hello Don

        I have a feeling Leslie Stevens would think reality had caught up and find some new idea to develop.

        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        From: dghprobe3@...
        Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:39:41 +0000
        Subject: [probe_control] Re: Probe agents equip

        Hello Geoff and everyone: I've been enjoying some of the commentary regarding a potential new version of Search. That is, if it could ever happen.

        Recall that John Strong told us Leslie Steven's original idea was for the series to be set in 1999, though filmed in 1972. Plus Stevens did research for his book "EST - A Steersman's Handbook," where he foresaw the revolutionary technological changes in the coming decades.

        And, yes, there was the 1969 movie, "The Chairman," which I've always called "the unofficial first pilot for 'Search'." Further, the plot of "Chairman" reminds me of "The Bullet" inasmuch as it involves an agent sent to retrieve a secret formula, then is faced with a seemingly impossible escape. Also note that "The Chairman" control center was run by the military, while Probe Control was totally civilian, Lockwood having been part of the astronaut program notwithstanding.

        What Stevens did not want was for "Search" to be just another cop or detective show. The 25-years-in-advance technology was supposed to take care of that. Notice that when NBC got the format changes they wanted in the final 8 episodes, "Search" became more like "Cannon" with computers, with Probe Control de-emphasized. Not quite what Stevens wanted.

        If Stevens were with us today, and he was tasked with updating "Search," I imagine he would be looking more toward how technology might advance 25 years past 2009. This takes us to approximately 2034. So, who is talking about updating "Future Shock" today? How far can technology be pushed before one loses story-telling credibility? Or will we eventually become too advanced for our own good? Rhetorical questions.

        I don't think Stevens would be satisfied with simply taking a little bit from the current "Knight Rider," the current Bond movies, current other productions, etc. Just as was done in 1972, he would want the 2009 "Search" to be different from all the other similar type shows out there.

        Just some thoughts.

      • david xxxxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10 6:26 AM
          I enjoyed reading this.

          Thank you for agreeing with me on this, out there.
          Your my Confirmation.
          Thanks again