Re: [probe_control] Re: Mike Walston Scanner on eBay

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2009
      FANTASTIC work, Mike! Your Scanners are truly a work of art! Thanks for sharing pics of your 'incomplete' work (which you say you usually do not do).

      I'd love to see side-by-side pics of your OLD and NEW Scanner, when you get the new one completed. We'd get a better idea as to the 'upgrade' look, if you would do that. ;) I look forward to it.

      Thanks--

      Hello Jim, ALL,

      Very nice - Mike W always does a great job on his Scanners.

      I have been working on a Scanner myself, although I have No Time to
      commit to finishing it - and I don't usually show incomplete work.

      After more and closer study of the Hero, I noticed that it appears
      the traces on the board are real, so I have made a change to the PCB,
      thought I might let everyone get a look my latest.

      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ohitsjustme/?
      action=view¤t=ScannerW_SilverIngot.jpg

      Have A Great Day ALL,

      Mike S.

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander"
      <probecontrol@...> wrote:

      > Listmembers--
      >
      > The talented Mike Walston has put up one of his excellent SCANNER
      sets on eBay

      > eBay #230328106806
      >
      > The winning bidder can choose between a GREEN or BLUE lens, and the
      auction comes with a lapel magnet and plastic stand.

      > Thanks--
      >
      > Jim Alexander

    • Michael Stoll
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2009
        Hi Jim - ALL,

        Sorry for the delay in responding.

        Thank you so much for the kind words about the latest scanner- I would love to post pics of my  First Scanner - when I was about 12 years old - to All the progress to present day. I'm pretty sure I posted a pic of first one somewhere - sometime.

        I have been Multi-Tasking for sometime the last year - I just got back from a Gig doing the sound for a few friends of mine, among my multi -faceted experience - I just ran sound for them at their first Gig in about a about a year. I run sound and light for several local bands up here and I'm also in the computer/IT field.

        Surprised there were no comments on the silver ingots laying next to my scanner, I have been looking into another project that is slow going and not sure how far I want to/can get involved in it at this time.

        All Have Great Day,

        Mike S.

        FANTASTIC work, Mike! Your Scanners are truly a work of art! Thanks for sharing pics of your 'incomplete' work (which you say you usually do not do).

        I'd love to see side-by-side pics of your OLD and NEW Scanner, when you get the new one completed. We'd get a better idea as to the 'upgrade' look, if you would do that. ;) I look forward to it.

        Thanks--

        Hello Jim, ALL,

        Very nice - Mike W always does a great job on his Scanners.

        I have been working on a Scanner myself, although I have No Time to
        commit to finishing it - and I don't usually show incomplete work.

        After more and closer study of the Hero, I noticed that it appears
        the traces on the board are real, so I have made a change to the PCB,
        thought I might let everyone get a look my latest.

        http://smg.photobuc ket.com/albums/ v243/ohitsjustme /?
        action=view& current=ScannerW _SilverIngot. jpg

        <probecontrol@ ...> wrote:

        > Listmembers- -
        >
        > The talented Mike Walston has put up one of his excellent SCANNER
        sets on eBay

        > eBay #230328106806
        >
        > The winning bidder can choose between a GREEN or BLUE lens, and the
        auction comes with a lapel magnet and plastic stand.

        > Thanks--
        >
        > Jim Alexander

      • antimatterguy
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
          Hey Mike...yeah, what are the silver ingots for?

          -Ken

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2009
            Reminder:

            For those interested, Mike Walston's Scanner prop (eBay #230328106806) auction is up tonight.